A Heist full of Hurt and Healing (request)

Start from the beginning

He was grazed pretty bad from his chest up to the left shoulder. It was bleeding too. The tuxedo cat stared at for awhile, feeling her breath stuck at the sight of it. Her blue eyes went back up to him, waiting to hear him say anything.

"I assume you are mad at me, mi corazón?" He asked her, finding her silence strange. Kitty's face softened at him, finding her ability to move towards him. She didn't say a word as she got close to his face. Her head rested on his shoulder, letting out the breath she was holding. "You scared me to death, ginger" she whispered his, finding it hard to keep her voice from shaking.

Puss stared at her, not used to seeing this side of her. So quiet, shaky, and scared. He didn't mean to worry her. Heck, he would act like this too if she was one the hurt. He wrapped his paws around her, pulling her into a warm hug to give her some comfort.

As soon as she felt him holding her, Kitty returned the hug tightly, nuzzling his neck affectionately. She moved her ear to feel his pulse on his throat, and she sighed in relief to hear it beating normally. She was housing so many feelings. Anger at him for trying to hide it. Worry for him nearly getting hurt. That hug helped her release all that. "Kitty. I'm alright I promise. But I would feel better if you didn't hug me tightly. It hurts a bit" he told her, slightly wince at the added pressure to his chest.

She immediately broke away once he said that, realizing she didn't think about that part. "Oh. Sorry" she apologized, ears flattening. "I'm back with the med bag Kitty" Perrito's voice came, holding it in his mouth. "Gracias Perrito" Puss told him, wanting go bend down to pet the dog but his chest stung when he did that.

"Puss what happened to you?" He asked his friend, noticing the large red cut. "Yeah. Just sore is all mi amigo" the tabby assured him. The small dog looked at him worried until a rub on his head made him glance up at Kitty. "Don't worry. Puss has been through worse. Heck, he has been through death himself. He'll be fine. Now, go see if there is something we can all eat together" she explained to him. The dog smiled at her, feeling assurance as he ran to tell their friends.

Kitty then took out the stuff needed to tend to her boyfriend, turning around to walk to him. "It's alright Kitty. I can take care of my self" he told her until she rested her paws on his chest, causing his fur to stand at her silky touch, and his face redden.

She glanced up at him, wearing a little smirk as her face inched closer. Puss started to lean down with a half lidded look only to feel her push him, making fall down the couch. Before he could sit up, she climbed on top of him, making his face grow redder than a tomato.

"Kitty what are you-ai!" He words were interrupted with a sharp hiss of pain as she lightly dabbed his cut with a napkin dipped in alcohol. "Sorry. But this a large cut. And this is my way to say thank you" she explained to him, proceeding to clean his wound, the pain fading.

The ginger cat merely chuckled, watching her do the work. Once the wound was clean and disinfected, Kitty went to wrap the bandage around his shoulder to his chest. As she pulled onto his bandage to tie it, an orange paw gingerly cupped her cheek, making her blink surprised.

"You are so cute when you worry for me" he teased her, hoping to get a sarcastic remark from her. The opposite happen. Kitty held his paw, purring affectionately into it. His face softened at her, his thumb gently brushed her cheek to sooth. "Mi amor" he said to her, getting her to look at him.

Grunting, he sat up, sighting wincing from the wound. Kitty was about to make him sit down but he took the chance to wrap his paw around her neck, and pull her into a kiss. While it did startle her, the feline gladly returned the kiss, pushing him back down on the couch.

She needed this to know he was alright. Once they broke the kiss, Puss held her in his paws, both of them purring as she snuggled in his hold. "Kitty. You know that these heists can be dangerous" he reminded her, making her tighten her hold. He wasn't wrong. There was always some sort of hazard in the heist. From deadly rivals wanting them dead to accidental situations that was not intended. She knew that. But it always hurt her to see him get hurt so bad for her and their friends.

Kitty felt her face tilted up to look at him, and she met the warmest green eyes staring at her that made her heart melt. "All we can do is be more careful. Alright mi amor?" He told her, placing a kiss in her favorite spot which was the bridge of her nose. Well, second favorite spot.

"Only if you try to be more careful, Senor Reckless" she told him, holding serious and half teasing as she held his face. "No promises. But I will try" he assured her as she nuzzled his face, getting close to his lips for a....

"Aww you guys are so cute you know that"

A familiar positive voice made them both freeze. Their faces redden as they turned to find Perrito sitting with a smile, and some food with him. "What are you guys doing anyway?" He asked curiously as they just stared at him dumbfounded.