Stars and Sparkling Eyes

The next morning Y/n woke up to breakfast at the door and Pierre was already up and dressed.

Y/n: Morning
Pierre: Good Morning Chérie
Y/n: Someone's eager to start today
Pierre: I have a couple errands to run before I'll come fetch you for the date. Breakfast is here though.
Y/n: Thank you. What shall I wear tonight?
Pierre: Anything cute and comfortable. You always look stunning.
Y/n: Aww, you're so sweet.
Pierre: See you later Chérie. Love you
Y/n: Love you too!

When the door clicked shut Y/n got up and slowly began her day. After breakfast she decided to watch some Netflix before showering and getting dressed for later.
After a few episodes she checked the time and saw it was almost 12.

What?! Where did the time go?!

She got up and made the bed after which she went to shower and wash her hair. Taking her time, she dried it off and started getting ready, starting with hair then makeup. The final touch was the outfit and the jewelry and she would be ready right on time for Pierre to come.

Knock knock

Y/n: It's open!
Lando: Not very safe. Oh! Are you going somewhere?
Y/n: A date actually. What can I do for you?
Lando: Max and Charles need your help.
Y/n: Now?
Lando: Yip, Max's room.
Y/n: But-
She looked at her watch. She was almost done but Pierre would be here soon.
Y/n: Okay, let's go.
Lando: You go ahead. I'll make sure to close the door.
Y/n: Okay?
Lando: Don't worry. Pierre just asked me to see if his wallet is here. He thinks he left it in his bag.
Y/n: He always leaves something behind. I'll see you now.

She made her way down the hall and turned to Max's door.
Y/n: This better be important
Charles: Max can't find his room key.
Y/n: And I can help because?
Max: You are a much better looker than Charles. Besides, everyone is either asleep or busy right now.
Y/n: Oh alright. Let me see.

She walked the room while Max and Charles watched her move some things around.

Charles: So... you look beautiful.
Y/n: Thanks. I have a date which I might be late to because of you two.
Charles: Sorry, we didn't know who else to cal-
Max: -Oh, what do you know! There it is!

Max grabbed the key off of the small counter alongside the TV.

Y/n: Glad you found it. May I go finish getting ready now you two?
Max: By all means.
Charles gave a small smile before Y/n breezed past them into the hall.

She managed to get back to the room moments before Pierre arrived. He rested against the door frame as she put on the last of her bracelets.

Pierre: Beautiful...
Y/n: Oh! You're back! Thanks...
Pierre: Ready?
Y/n: I am

He held out his hand and she took it. He led her down in the lift and to his car.

Y/n: So, where are we going?
Pierre: You'll see, you're going to love it.
Y/n: I'm excited
Pierre: It's just up the hill there.
Y/n: The hill?
Pierre: You'll see.
Y/n: Alrighty. So did you get all your errands done?
Pierre: I did, however one or two will have to wait.
Y/n: Wait for?
Pierre: Just some finalizing needs to be done before I can proceed on my own.
Y/n: Is this about deals with the team?
Pierre: Uh- deals- yeah. Yeah it is...
Y/n: I'm sure it'll all work out.
Pierre: I hope so...

They remained silent for the remainder of the trip, just enjoying each others company after the busy season.
As the car approached the top of the hill there was a soft sound of a gravel road beneath the wheels that filled the air and gentle music was playing.

Pierre: We're here and right on time.
Y/n: I can't see anything, it's all dark outside.
Pierre: Trust me?
Y/n: I trust you
Pierre: Then come on.

Pierre got out and went around the car to open her door. He guided her out the car and into a field where a small blanket and picnic basket lay. There were many whispers in the field and Y/n immediately realized they weren't alone.

Y/n: There's a lot of people here?
Pierre: It is a public park. But there's a reason they're all here. You'll see.

They made it to the blanket and sat down, Y/n resting her head on Pierre's shoulder.

Y/n: This is so cute. The sky is beautiful.
Pierre: It is. So do you like it?
Y/n: I love it-

Just then a soft song started playing:🎶

People started moving around suddenly and left Y/n confused.

Y/n: What's happening
Pierre: Chérie...

She turned and saw a lantern in his hand.

Y/n: Is this-
Pierre: You're floating lights Rapunzel.
Y/n: Pierre!

🎶Cause you're a sky...

Pierre: It's their annual wish lantern ceremony. Here you go.

He handed her the lantern as he pulled out a lighter. Opening it carefully and holding it steady, he lit the lantern and looked into Y/n's sparkling eyes.

Y/n: Pierre, this is-
Pierre: -Shh. You don't have to say anything. Do you have a wish?
She closed her eyes and thought for a second before smiling and looking back at Pierre.
Y/n: I do... Do you?
Pierre: I'm looking at her...
Y/n: Pierre... this is...
Pierre: ...for you.

As the music picked up slightly people started standing ready to release their lanterns on the beat drop.

🎶I don't care if you do...

Y/n and Pierre followed and held each others gaze as they did.
The music played in the background as if something out of a movie.

🎶Cause in a sky...

Y/n: I love you so much
Pierre: I love you too. On three?
Y/n: One
Pierre: Two
Y/n: Three!

🎶I think I saw youuuu...

They released the lantern gently and slowly pushing upwards. Y/n watched as it ascended amongst the many others. The sky begun illuminating with them and her eyes sparkled with life. When she turned her head back to Pierre as the beat came she burst into tears at the scene before her. For the man she'd grown to love was on one knee before her.

 For the man she'd grown to love was on one knee before her

Y/n: Pier-
Pierre: -Y/n... I heard your name long before I heard your voice. Knew your beauty long before I saw your face. Walking into the house that summer's day was the best decision of my life. From that very first look I knew I fell in love and I knew you felt it too, I saw it in your smile. All the late nights, early mornings and long days, every minute and every beat of my heart told me that you were the one. You're the star that shone brightest in my galaxy and for that I can never stop loving you. I want us forever and I know you do too. Y/n Summers... will you marry me?

Y/n: Yes! YES YES YES! I love you Pierre Gasly!

She dropped down throwing her arms around him and he held her even tighter.

Y/n: I love you so much!
Pierre: I love you too

He pulled back and gently placed the ring on her finger, tears now in his eyes too...