Complications?

Daniel: I just love you alright!
Y/n gasped at his statement.

Y/n: Daniel..? It's you and me. And- and I'm with-
Daniel: -Pierre, I know. I'm not trying to interfere I just had to say something. I need you to know that- that I-
Y/n: -Don't want to lose me?
Daniel: Yeah, even though you aren't mine to lose... it's stupid I know.

She took a moment to absorb what was actually happening.

Y/n: It's not stupid and sure I'm with Pierre but Danny I'm not going anywhere. I mean I just negotiated with a top company to be able to stay with you guys for crying out loud! I will always be here for you.
She paused, looking in to his eyes before continuing.

Y/n: Unless... unless it's going to hurt you too much because as much as I want to stop myself from saying it I can't. We're best friends Daniel. I love Pierre. I'm with him for the long run now. You and I aren't-
Daniel: -You don't have to explain. I never wanted to say anything, I never want to get in between you and Pierre, you guys are clearly soulmates. I mean it when I say that I'm happy for you so I'm sorry for this, I shouldn't have- never mind. This just complicated everything, I should go-
Y/n: -No. Don't go. Nothing has to be complicated... I- I don't know what I can say because nothing can change your feelings other than you, but Daniel, you're irreplaceable, I don't want to lose this. I don't wanna lose us. If you need to take time I get that but don't leave me... please...

He pulled her in to a hug. Y/n's mind ran wild trying to process everything and she could only imagine Daniel's thoughts right now but for someone so clearly torn with their feelings he still managed to comfort Y/n.

Daniel: I'm not going anywhere Y/n. Sure I have some figuring out to do but I can promise you it won't get in the way of our friendship.
Y/n: Thank you. And Daniel?
Daniel: Yeah
Y/n: I'm sorry...
Daniel: Don't say sorry for loving someone that makes you happy.
Y/n: I'm just sorry you're hurting
Daniel: I'll be okay Summers. Please don't worry about this. You have so much to look forward to.
Y/n: You're right... and I know that you'll find your soulmate someday Danny.
Daniel: I'm starting to think black bean brownies are my soulmate.
Y/n: You're an idiot Daniel Ricciardo.
Daniel: An idiot you still classify as a friend.
Y/n: Mhm, Jules would be so disappointed in me.
Daniel: As if! He held onto you for all those years and I don't see a difference in the situation. So he would be hypocritical if he was disappointed in you.
Y/n: Hey! Anyway, we should probably head back now.

The two of them rejoined the others at the table again. When Y/n found her place between Pierre and Charles; she felt a hand rest on her thigh.

Pierre: Everything okay?
Y/n: Everything is perfect my love.

She planted a kiss on his cheek and carried on enjoying dinner.
When the time came, everyone headed back to their hotel rooms to get rest before the weekend.

——————————————
Saturday - Qualifying
——————————————

Y/n: Come on bro! Have some faith!
Charles: Difficult to have faith when I'm up against a Red Bull.
Y/n: You have literally beaten that car numerous times this year.
Charles: Still, they're quick here. This quali is important and if I don't do well...
Y/n: -You're still quicker. Trust yourself and trust the car. You'll do well that way. And if not, you'll get them tomorrow. Now go!
Charles: Okay! Don't need to be so bossy.

Y/n laughed as she watched Charles get in the car drive out of the garage for the start of Q3. If he wanted to win the championship from where he currently placed, Pole position would definitely be a major help.

He started his final flying lap just as Max did. It was going to be close. Y/n watched as Max set a quickest sector one then Charles took it from him. Sector 2 glowed purple for Max just before Charles took it again. The Ferrari garage was tense. Everyone was holding their breath.
Y/n couldn't take her eyes off the screen as she watched Max and Charles go neck in neck in speed around turn ten. Suddenly her phone vibrated, looking at the contact she couldn't ignore it.
Come on. Not now. This better be quick.

Y/n: Claudia, how can I help?
Claudia: Miss Summers, it's about your meeting this week coming. I needed to inform you of some changes...

The longer Claudia spoke the more tense Y/n grew. She was going to miss this lap...
Suddenly roars broke out in the stands and she turned towards the screen. He did it!

Charles had parked and jumped out of the car. His eyes searched for his sister and landed on her in the corner, nodding as she listened intently to a phone call. He noticed the displeasure written all over her face. He began to approach her; the high of his Pole slowly fading the closer he got to her, hearing the disappointment in her voice.

Y/n: Okay, I understand... no it's no problem... thank you. Bye.

Charles: Everything okay?
Y/n: It's- everything is fine. But you! You just got POLE!! You see! What did I say?! Congrats!
Charles: Thank you. It was pretty close but Max's mistake worked in my favor.
Y/n: Mistake?
Charles: You didn't see? He took the last turn too wide. Cost him a couple seconds.
Y/n: He must be gutted. I'm so proud of you though! Now win tomorrow and then you're in a good position for the championship.
Charles: Not quite. I need to win the last race too then.
Y/n: Easy! I'm gonna go check on Max then head out with Pierre. I'll see you tomorrow.

She greeted him before running off to Max. When she saw him, he was very clearly upset. He stood at the back of the garage leaning on the wall as he watched the replay of his lap play on the screens. She walked towards him with an sympathetic smile.

Y/n: It truly was a brilliant lap.
Max: Y/n? What are you doing here?
Y/n: Coming to check on you of course. I'm sorry Max, you were so close.
Max: As much as I appreciate it I know you're elated for Charles.
Y/n: Well yes, but still, a mighty lap from you that fell apart so quickly... I can only imagine your frustration.
Max: You win some, you lose some. It's extremely frustrating but it's my mistake. Nothing I can do now except... he grinned in her direction... except win tomorrow night.
Y/n: If you say so big guy.
She patted his shoulder.

Y/n: Still, sorry about that last turn.
Max: It's alright I guess that-

Pierre: -Ready to head out? Sorry for interrupting
Y/n: Sure love! I'll see you tomorrow Max.
Max: See you Summers, cheers Pierre.

With that the couple headed to the hotel for the night...