What Jules Would Want

Y/n was at the shops when she saw him. She tried to avoid eye contact but failed.
Luca: Y/n? Darling! Thank you for keeping me from the cops.
Y/n: I'm not your darling anymore, and that's the last time.
Luca: I miss you, Y/n. Really I do.
Y/n: Luca... I can't. Don't do this.
Luca: Can't what? We've gone through so much. What changed?
Y/n: What changed? Your threats. The lies I'm forced to tell to the people who have been nothing but supportive. You not saving me.
Luca: Not saving you? Damon is behind bars is he not? You don't really think he was the mastermind behind breaking in?
Y/n: Whatever he did or didn't do; yes, he is behind bars. But you aren't and that's not enough. Goodbye Luca.
Luca: Y/n wait. Please.

There was a touch of sadness, desperation almost, in his voice. Y/n couldn't help but feel a hint of this sadness. He was her everything for years and she his. She had just dropped him and left.

Y/n: No... no don't do this. I refuse to feel bad for you after all you've done. Now goodbye.

She turned and walked off, it was the first time she didn't feel weak after seeing him. She was happy to have said her say.

She had gotten home and unpacked the groceries and then decided to check her socials until Pierre arrived home.
As she scrolled she saw a post that caught her attention:

@pierregasly

Another Thursday in the bag; can't wait for you to see this challenge with @yukitsunoda

Another Thursday in the bag; can't wait for you to see this challenge with @yukitsunoda. Full push into the weekend now. 💙

She liked it and heard a notification sound.
Pierre: Appreciate the support y/n. He winked at her as he walked into the living room
Y/n: Oh, haha yeah. You're most welcome. So how was everything?
Pierre: Good, I feel like it woulda been great if I had support. Everyone rooted for Yuki in the game.
Y/n: Haha, I would too.
Pierre: Hey! I won!
Y/n: Oh please, I'll believe it when I see it!

Pierre threw a small pillow from the couch in her direction, managing to dodge it Y/n threw it back hitting him in the head.

Y/n: So much for Formula 1 driver speed reflexes.
Pierre: We dodge cars, not pillows.
Y/n: Suureee
Pierre: You're such a menace sometimes.
Y/n: Oh honey you have no idea. I was actually gonna watch a movie, you in?
Pierre: What we watching?
Y/n: Lilo and Stitch
Pierre: You're how old?
Y/n: Excuse me for having good taste! What would you watch? Let me guess... Cars!
Pierre: I mean, that movie never dies.
Y/n: Fine, we can watch Cars.
Pierre: No, no. Feel free to watch Lilo and Stitch. I'll change then come join.

The two of them watched the movie but ended up talking more than watching. Y/n didn't remember a time when she laughed that hard. It had been ages since she joked with someone.

When Charles and Arthur returned, it was as if they hadn't even arrived home; Pierre and Y/n carried on as normal only stopping their conversation when Charles announced their arrival.

After dinner Y/n cleaned up and Pierre kept her company.

Pierre: So Y/n, this is a genuine question... I know you don't care much for the sport anymore, but so you still watch it on TV?
Y/n: I do care, Charles worked his whole life to be where he is and yes, I do watch it on TV.
Pierre: But no coming to races?
Y/n: No. No races.
Pierre: Pity...
Y/n: How so?
Pierre: Drivers always say there's nothing like a garage with your friends in it.
Y/n: Pierre? Is that you asking me to come to the race on Sunday?
Pierre: I don't mean to overstep. Charles said you're not comfortable yet.
Y/n: He's right... sorry Pierre... maybe one day.
Pierre: Yeah, maybe... Night Y/n, I got to go now.
Y/n: Night Pierre.

*******
Y/n went up to Charles' room and knocked quietly on the door.
Charles: Yeah?
Y/n: Sorry, I know it's late... I just wanna talk.
Charles: Of course. What's up?
Y/n: So, Pierre asked me to the race on Sunday...
Charles: Oh?
Y/n: Charles I'm still scared, I don't know if- what if I say no and I should've been there... What if I say yes and- he gets distracted- and-
Charles: -Y/n, take a breath. Come sit here. What do you actually want to do?
Y/n: I don't know. It's been a while already, I should be ready to go back. Jules... he'd want me to go.
Charles: He would... and so would I... but if you aren't ready, don't force yourself...
Y/n: I know... I won't. I'll think about it...