[Not So] Happy Birthday

Charles: Y/n!! Hurry up!
Y/n: I'm coming! Relax yourself!
Arthur: We're leaving in 3! 2!
Y/n: I'm here! I'm here. Jeez, you guys could've just met me at the restaurant you know?
Charles: Yeah but that would've been ages of waiting with nobody rushing you.
Y/n: Shut up, I wasn't THAT slow.
Arthur: Not at all. *He winked in Charles' direction*

Tonight was Y/n's birthday... every year on her birthday she and Jules went to a small restaurant overlooking the harbor and Charles and Arthur made sure to stick to tradition.

They headed out, y/n in her favorite dress she wore all the time:

The three of them walked down to the restaurant as it wasn't far at all

The three of them walked down to the restaurant as it wasn't far at all. Once they got there they immediately ordered cocktails and got to chatting.

Charles: So y/n...
*he looked at Arthur for reassurance before returning his attention back to Y/n*
C: Spa is this weekend... both of us are racing... what do say you come?
Y/n: Charles-
Arthur: We know you don't care much for it anymore but it would be awesome if you came. Plus we don't want you here all alone again... what if you need us.
Y/n: I'm a grown lady, if I need help I can call Lorenzo. Luca is also back in town.
Charles: Luca? You'll call him? Y/n, are you sure he's the best option?
Y/n: He is my boyfriend Charles, he will help me if I need him.
Arthur: If I may? Luca hasn't been around for at least a month now... what makes you so sure he won't disappear again?
Y/n: He didn't disappear. He went to see his friends in Spain.

Charles and Arthur just looked at each other and changed the subject, getting full understanding nothing will make Y/n come to Belgium with them.

Later that night, after dinner, the three of them went back to their apartment and Y/n went straight to her room without saying much. Charles started to follow before he felt an arm hold him back.

Arthur: I think you should give her a minute bro.
Charles: Yeah- yeah you're right. I'm just worried about her, she used to be so excited about races... she seems to have lost a lot of her passions.
Arthur: Yeah, but it'll take time. Maybe Monaco will get her excited. She did always love that race.
Charles: So we wait until next week then. Anyway, goodnight. I'll go check on her then head to bed.
Arthur: Night.

Y/n was lying on her bed scrolling through all the birthday messages. Seeing not one from someone she actually cared about, not even Luca. Just then a notification popped up from Snapchat:

*Memory on this day...*

Caption:  He makes my birthday the best! Julie, you the best! >> 🏎❤️

Y/n smiled at the picture and a tear fell down her cheek. "Oh Jules, you were such a special soul."

*There was a soft know at the door*

Charles: Hey, can I come in?
Y/n: Yeah
C: I wanted to give you something
Y/n: Oh?

He handed her a small box, she opened it to reveal a necklace with a flower on it. A sunflower to be exact.

Y/n: Oh it's beautiful!! Thank you Charles!
C: You're welcome. Now seriously, can you please tell me you're okay alone here this weekend?
Y/n: Yes, I'll be fine.
C: Okay, goodnight then... love ya
Y/n: Love ya too...

Once she was alone again she switched her phone off and went to bed.