Surprises

Saturday
****
It had been an just under an hour since Y/n's plane arrived from Seattle. She was making her way to the circuit ready to watch the Qualifying.
From the practice reports she'd read, Red Bull were very optimistic but Ferrari were looking strong. Nervous about how it could go, Y/n reminded herself that it was only qualifying and that the race is what counts.
She hadn't let Charles and Pierre, or any of the guys for that matter, know she had arrived. She decided that she would surprise them after Qualifying.

Making herself comfortable in the motorhome of Alpha Tauri, she sat and watched the live footage of Q1 and Q2. Both Pierre and Charles had made it out of Q2 and into Q3. Charles had a very good chance at pole and Pierre could easily make second or third row with his pace.
When the timer for Q3 gave a five minute warning, Y/n decided to head toward the garages. She missed the last of the flying laps as she made her way there but the cheers of the fans told her that they were close. Too nervous to look at the time charts she stood by the side of the grid watching which cars took which position in front of the boards.
First came a Red Bull - 1 - it was Max... he pulled up to P2.
Did he get it?
When she watched the unmistakably red car approach her heart raced. Come on... it stopped at P1. YES! As she was about to move toward Charles she noticed an unusual car pull up at P3 - 10
No way?! P3!

She ran up to the top three drivers before they could even approach their teams in triumph.
Y/n: PIERRE!! You got P3!!

She threw her arms around the Frenchman who reciprocated. There was a collective cheer from the stands and cameramen rushed to the scene.

Pierre: You're here!
Y/n: I am! And you're P3! Did you know you'd do it?!
Pierre: I didn't. I don't even know how I did that lap.
Charles: With skill that's how.
Pierre: Maybe a bit of luck with the other Red Bull getting track limits last minute.
Charles: Its still a fantastic lap you put in... You know, it's not like I just got pole.
Y/n: And YOU! Of course I'm getting to your congratulations. Pole in the last race! Unbelievable! It's yours tomorrow!
Max: -Thanks Summers. I love the support
Y/n: I already told you Maxi. I love you but Charles is my brother. But oh I'm so happy for all three of you! Now go! Get to the interviews, I've already kept you.

Y/n stood back as she watched the guys complete their interviews. She was so proud of all of them but Pierre's P3 took everyone by surprise and Y/n almost felt as if her smile was going to never fade.

After the interviews and picture the three made their way back to Y/n who was now joined by Arthur.

Max: It's great you're back Summers. I heard you uh... yeah...
Y/n: Quit? I did. But it was right. Definitely not the company for me.
Max: Well I'm glad you're happy with that decision. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get going. Kelley and I have a reservation we can't miss. See you all tomorrow, going to be a great fight Charles.
With that Max gave a wink and walked away. Seeing Charles' tension, Y/n shouted after Max.
Y/n: Which he's going to crush you in!

Turning and giving a small laugh Max waved goodbye before disappearing into the Red Bull garage.

Charles: Well, it's a big day tomorrow but I say we get dinner together.
Y/n: I agree!
Arthur: Won't say no to that.
Pierre: Sounds like a good plan.
Charles: Great. Let's go change and meet back by the cars in 10. Y/n, you're coming with me quickly.
Y/n: Oh, okay. Um... I'll see you at the cars then Pierre.
Pierre: Yeah.

Arthur, Y/n and Charles made their way to Charles' driver's room.

Y/n: Is there a reason I couldn't go with my boyfriend?
Arthur: How are you doing?
Y/n: I'm fine, why?
Charles: You did just quit a dream job which you spent ages deciding to do. Made special arrangements and everything.
Y/n: I see. You're worried I'm not okay after that. Well I am. Really, I feel good about it.
Charles: Are you sure?
Y/n: Yes! Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I just don't want you guys worrying about me.
Arthur: You're right. We won't pry, we trust your judgement.

Soon after Charles had changed they all met, as planned, by the cars.

Y/n: Hey love, I'm driving with you.
Pierre: Perfect, there's something I wanted to talk about.
Y/n: Oh?
Pierre: All good things. Come Chérie, let's go. See you guys at the restaurant.

As Pierre and Y/n drove off, Arthur and Charles gave a knowing look to each other. Which Y/n noticed in the rear view mirror.

Y/n: Okay talk mister. Clearly Charles and Arth know about this.
Pierre: No point stalling then. I found a house.
Y/n: For us?!
Pierre: Yip
Y/n: Where?!
Pierre: Well, it's just outside of Milan.
Y/n: Milan?
Pierre: Yeah... that's what I wanted to discuss. I told Charles and Arthur I've been looking around in Monaco and Milan. They saw this house online and told me about it. It's perfect.
Y/n: Charles and Arthur showed it to you?
Pierre: Yeah. I know you probably don't want to leave Monaco but Chérie I could see us living there.
Y/n: Are you kidding?! Milan was beautiful, I absolutely loved it and it's not far from Monaco.
Pierre: So you don't mind?
Y/n: Don't mind? Of course not! I just can't believe I'll get to live with you!
Pierre: Then I'm so glad.

***
By the time they'd finished their conversation Pierre had pulled up to the restaurant and led them inside.

Charles: And?
Pierre: She's in
Y/n: And she is right here. But hell yeah I'm in! I mean I will have to leave you guys-
Arthur: -but you're not going far away and we really do think that you will love the place
Charles: This is good Y/n. It's a new chapter of your life.
Y/n: I couldn't be happier. I get to have the man I love as my roomy.

She looked at Pierre who kissed her on her cheek.

Y/n: Charles take a photo! Quick!
Pierre: Too slow!

Pierre pulled away laughing just as Charles' flash went off.

Y/n: Nooo!
Charles: No no, it's perfect! I'll send it to you.
Ping
Y/n: Aw yes!
Pierre: Let me see
Y/n: Go look on my Instagram in like 20 seconds

@Just_Y/n

Pierre: I love you so much Y/n: I love you too, but I'm starving so let's eat!

Y/n: I love you too, but I'm starving so let's eat!