nineteen

"Finally... you're here," Iseul said as he walked in. Following suit was a male who had his hands in his pocket, a small grin spread across his lips.

You frowned at them a little before shaking your head, reminding yourself that you still had to deliver a cup of coffee to a customer. 

You turned your gaze from the two males and walked over to the table where a lady was waiting for her coffee. 

With a small smile, you placed it in front of her, and the woman thanked you with a lovely smile.

 You nod at her, shortly before you turned around and looked at the two males once more, who made their way to one of the empty tables in the corner of the cafe.

You really didn't want to deal with them. You turned to Yuqi, in hopes to ask her to handle them but she was already busy making another coffee.

You sighed, cursing internally. 

No matter how much you wanted to avoid them, they were your customers now and it was your job as a waitress to get them what they needed.

Dreading every step of the way, you walked over to the table. You tried your best to avoid any straight eye contact with them, although you could feel their eyes burning holes into your body, especially Kyle's.

"What are you ordering?" You asked, a hint of boredom present in your voice.

Kyle tilted his head as he looked at you, placing his hands on the table before scoffing. "Is that how you talk to your customers?" He asked.

You frowned a little, tightening your fists before daring to look at him. But as soon as you did, you wish you didn't. 

He looked exactly the same as he was in 12th grade. 

Exactly the same...

And that made your mind drift to a past you tried so hard to forget. A painful one that left multiple scars on you, but you had forgotten about.

"Are you remembering something Y/n?" Kyle grinned. He knew it. Of course, he would.

You flinched a little and looked at Iseul, who smiled at you before turning to Kyle. He frowned a little before snapping his fingers at the older, making him look at him.

"Quit it," Iseul snapped, glaring at the older. Kyle scoffed before looking at the menu on the table, a coy smile on his face.

You felt a small wave of relief when Kyle was no longer looking at you. 

"I'm sorry about him-" Iseul spoke, making you look at him. You furrowed your eyebrows, not knowing what to say. 

Iseul knew you for ages, ever since middle school. He had been with you in high school too- so he knew how much you despised Kyle. He knew the scars he had given you. He knew what he did to you.

But here he was, bringing the same person who hurt you, with him to the same place you worked at.

You weren't just gonna accept his 'apology' just because he stood up for you in some way.