ninety-three

Pan paced around her room, throwing the pillows off the bed and even yanking the bedsheets off. 

It wasn't there when she went to the cafe' for her night shift so knew it would be in her home. 

But then, where was it?

She had searched the living room after walking in, rummaged the entire kitchen, and even checked every room in the house.

"Where is my phone?" Pan groaned throwing the pillows back on the bed before proceeding to walk outside. Maybe there was somewhere she didn't search. Maybe just needed to look again.

The girl walked down the staircase to the lower floor and decided to head into the kitchen for one more look. She had almost made it past the kitchen counter when the sound of the doorbell echoed in the house.

Pan paused in her step.

She then turned her head to a clock on the wall, reading the time to be 30 minutes till midnight. 

Who would come this late at night and for what business?

Pan decided to just ignore it the first time; her nerves getting the best of her. But when the bell rang for the second and the third time, the girl sighed before convincing herself that it must be something important.

She walked over to the door and before opening it, she decided to peek through the peephole to see who it was.

She closed one of her eyes and brought the other to the peephole, peeking through, only to find a male with a black hoodie on. His face couldn't be seen as he appeared taller than the lens to pick up his face.

"W-Who is it?" Pan asked, pressing her hands on the door as she looked through the hole. 

All of a sudden, the male then lowered his head a little at the peephole and Pan almost screamed on seeing his face in that angel. 

"Dude!- What the fuck is your problem!?" Pan gritted her teeth as she flung the door open and looked at the male, crossing her arms. 

The taller responded with an eye roll before holding out a phone in front of her face and Pan's eyes widened even more; both in shock and confusion.

"How did you get this!?" The girl yelped, grabbing the phone from his hands and quickly checking the screen. The male just shrugged before looking at her.

"Iseul had it with him, so I decided to just give it to you," Kyle said, momentarily looking at the ground before making eye contact with his half-sibling once more. 

"How did Iseul- oh- I must've...oh" Pan's face flushed for a moment, turning crimson in embarrassment when she realized that she most probably left her phone in the car that he had taken her to the hospital to visit her grandparents.

The girl then looked at Kyle, her expression changing from embarrassed to serious as she unlocked her phone and began surfing through the apps to see if anything was out of place. If any of her messages had been read or seen- but found that.... nothing was out of the ordinary.

Kyle shook his head a bit before letting out a small chuckle.

"Seriously? Why would I waste my time going through your business?" The male said, turning his back to the girl who lifted her gaze from the phone in her hands to look at him.