forty-five

By the time you and your soulmates finished eating, the sun had already set and the boys were contented with their meals.

"I'm gonna come here often- food here tastes so good" Changbin sighed before holding his glass of ice cream soda which was on the table. 

You smiled at him. "I'd love that," you said, and the male smiled at you before he took a sip from the drink. 

 You'd love to see one of your soulmates during your work hours. You knew you'd miss them after they go tonight.

"So... who's paying this time?" Hyunjin asked as he took the final bite of his rice cake. The rest of the boys looked at him, however, none volunteered to pay. 

You chuckled a little. 

"I know! let's play rock, paper, scissors and see who has to" Jeongin said, and all the boys except Chan nodded. The older groaned a little.

"This doesn't end well for me" Chan, who was sitting next to you, mumbled and you chuckled a little, gently patting his shoulders. 

"Okay, three, two, wait- what are you doing?" Seungmin said, eyeing your hand which you had ready to show either rock, paper, or scissors.

"What do you mean?" You raised a brow and Seungmin shook his head. 

"Put your hands down, we're paying," he said, and you rolled your eyes a little before putting it down. Seungmin smiled, and so did the other boys.

They decided that the winner would be the one to pay and in the first round, Suengmin, Jeongin, Jisung, and Minho were their own. The four who were left were nervous, although it was merely a game.

"Lix... I've never seen you this determined to lose in something" Changbin mumbled at a very focused Felix, who snorted a little at the comment. He gave a look to the older before glancing at the other two, Hyunjin and Chan.

The boys then went on their second round, and Hyunjin punched the air in victory when he had lost to the three boys. The other three opened their mouths agape.

You chuckled, watching your dramatic soulmates in adoration.

Changbin, Chan, and Felix eyed each other before playing in the third round. Felix froze when he saw he had thrown in rock, while the other two boys had played scissors.

"I guess you're paying baby boy," Chan said, making Felix groan and fall back onto his seat. You looked at him with a smile, and reached your hand over to the blonde who you sat across from. Felix gently held your hand while pouting a little.

"Y/n you'd give a discount right?" He asked, looking at you while he made his puppy eyes that you had never seen before. Your eyes widened when you saw Felix this cute. 

"I- yeah... I mean no! You're gonna get only the discounts the cafe offers, nothing else Lixie" You said, taking your hand back Felix pouted his lip, while the other boys let out small chuckles. 

After a while, he too laughed with all of you.

Spending time with your soulmates like this was fun... if only they didn't have to go tonight.

Once Felix paid, they all give you hugs and kisses outside and promised to see you at some point tomorrow before they went to their cars. They had to go since the company needed them to present early.

You sigh as you watch the cars drive off and once they were out of sight, you felt a small pain in your chest. It was there for a moment. It happened every time they were too far from you after being so close to you. 

With a sigh, you walked back into the cafe and walked to the counter, where two girls were chatting.

Yuqi smiled at you once she saw you. "How was the day with them?" She asked, slightly wiggling her eyebrows and you snorted before attempting to punch her shoulders. 

"It was amazing" you muttered with a smile, taking your mind back to the moments you had with your soulmates. Especially the two very passionate moments with Chan and Jisung. You were excited to have with the rest of them too now.

"It's amazing you have 8 soulmates" You looked at Pan when she spoke, leaning on the counter slightly. You nod at her with a smile. She pursed her lips before looking at the cash register beside her, silently scoffing.

"Must be nice..."
She mumbled, her voice low enough to only be heard by her own ears as you and Yuqi talked about your days. 

______

Thank you guys for showing so much love to this book like oml
we reached 16k reads! I love u guys sm 🥺💗