thirty

A/N: I originally planned to end this book at 30 chapters but I felt like nah if I do that the plot would move too fast T^T SOO yes, here we are, not even close to the end LMAO 💀 enjoy ~ 

________________

You stared at the large building as you stood in front of its entrance, trying to decide whether you should actually go in or not. 

After closing the cafe, you had in mind to go directly to your home, but your mind changed midway through your journey and before you knew it, your feet led you to the JYP headquarters.

Even though it took about 20 minutes to walk there, you couldn't feel yourself being tired. All you could think about was your soulmates, of seeing them again. 

You walked toward the front door, opened it and walked in, and saw an almost empty lobby. There were just two or three people there, excluding a male who was at the counter.

There were two security guards, sitting on one of the couches, having a conversation with each other. They noticed your presence but didn't question you, thinking you were a staff or a trainee.

The male at the counter had his back turned and you quietly tried to sneak your way past him to the elevator, but you couldn't be swift enough.

The male turned at saw your unfamiliar figure.

"Excuse ma'am, please come here" He called and you internally sighed before walking to him. You gave him a small and he raised an eyebrow at you.

"Do you have any business being here?" He asked and before you could answer, he asked another bundle of questions. 

"Are you looking for work? Are you in a trainee group?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at you.

"Umm-" You looked back at him nervously. 

What should you answer? 'Yes I'm a trainee' or 'No I'm just here to see my soulmates'.

After a lot of brainstorming, you came up with an idea. 

"I am, yes, and left something here in one of the training rooms... may I go pick it up?" You asked, giving the male an innocent stare and he narrowed his eyes once more.

"Which room?" He asked.

"I forgot which one-" You shrugged and the male sighed and nodded.

"You may, but just in case... since you don't have a card with you, go along with him," He said, pointing at the two males on the couch. 

He called to one of them and the male was quick to be by the counter, beside you. 

"She left something here, please keep an eye on her while she finds it," He said and the male nodded before looking at you.

You felt his stare, but there was something odd about the way his eyes traveled on your figure. However, you shrugged the feeling away.

"Alright, let's go," The guard said with a small smile and you nod at him before walking toward the elevator.

You pressed the button, opened the metal doors of the lift, and walked in with the guard following you behind.

"Which floor?" He asked, and you bit your lip as you looked at the board with a number of buttons. Not really knowing where the training rooms were, you just picked a random number. 

"Uh- the 12th floor?" Your answer came more as a question than an answer, but the male nodded and pressed the button anyway. After that, You felt the lift elevating within seconds.

There was an awkward silence in the elevator, and you had that weird feeling again. You always felt it when someone would stare at you in such a way, usually because you were so used to getting that look from Iseul.

"How old are you?" The guard asked out of nowhere, and as you looked at him, you saw he was already looking at you.

"I'm 21" You answered and he smiled and nodded before turning his gaze away.

Was he trying to break the silence with small talk? Well, the awkwardness in the air was getting even heavier now, since all he asked was your age and didn't bother to ask about anything else.

Once you reached the 12th floor, the metal door of the elevator opened and the two of you quickly walked out of the elevator. 

You saw that the elevator opened up to a hallway, with multiple paths for you to choose from. You pursed your lips trying to figure out which way could be leading you to the boys' dorms- if this was even the floor your soulmate's lived on.

You turned to the male behind you, who lifted his gaze to meet your eyes. 

"Do you know which floor Straykids lives in? I forgot" You said, wondering whether he'd actually answer your question or not.

"Yes... we're on their floor" He replied and you hummed, smiling internally. Your soulmates were close. All you need to do was let your soulmate know your presence.

"Okay... well, I think I left it in one of the rooms on this side," You said as you pointed at one of the smaller hallways and the guard smiled a little.

"Very well, lead the way ma'am" He said, eyeing your body once more and this time, it made you uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable. You couldn't wait to lose this guy off your trail and find your boys.

Turning to the hallway you pointed, you walked ahead. The guard followed behind you at a calm pace. 

You expected there to be another hallway that led you somewhere else, but you noticed how the walls lacked color as you walked toward the end of this hallway. 

After a few more steps, you start noticing the tiles too. Weirdly, they had moss and dirt on them. The lights were flickering too and there were weird crayon drawings on the walls. 

When you looked ahead once more, you saw that there was a dead end at the end and furrowed your eyebrows.

"What is this place?" You muttered quietly. You had never heard about the JYP building having anything like this. It almost looked like an old ruin of a hospital.

"Oh, this place?... It's the new set for Straykid's MV" You heard the guard say as he walked over to you, stopping beside you, him too looking at the set you were in.

You gasped in fangirl as you heard the man. A new song? You were already so ready for it. 

There was something eerie about the set, however, you know the music video would blow you away already.

"Oh, yea- I think I left it on the other end of the hallway," You said before turning around and pointing to where you came from. The male turned around, furrowing his eyebrows at you.

"On the other end of this hallway is a staff meeting room" The male and you internally panicked. You had no idea what rooms were there- and you were sure the guard was suspecting something about you now.

"Ma'am, you're not a staff or a trainee... are you?"