forty-eight

Iseul sighed as he set his gearbox on a table beside the car he was repairing. He wasn't really fond of going to his job so early in the morning. 

But since it was a businessman's car, and he could get paid more, he went anyway. He wasn't really from the 'richest' of families, so money was something he needed to consider.

Although Iseul despises waking up early, there was one good thing about it. He'd always catch a glimpse of her walking by his shop in the early morning. Her presence would make him pause whatever he was doing, and just stare at her figure as she walk away without giving a single glance his way.

She was beautiful. 

Even when they met, at first sight, he was in awe. But he knew she was not like him. He was sure she had soulmates. No matter how much his heart wanted her, he knew fate had already decided on her partners.

But when years went by, and only they became the two who had no soulmates, he started developing hope. 

Even though he confessed, and wasn't accepted, he believed one day she would.

He believed she was like him.

But she wasn't.

When he saw the group of 8 boys that day, sitting so close to her, holding her hand, flirting with her, he was in shock. He had already convinced his heart that she would be his. That fate can't decide who their heart beats for.

That day, he watched from a distance, envying the 8 men who were in the place he always wanted to be. 

Why can't it be him? 

Why can't it be the boy who had been with her for years, trying to swoon her in every possible way? 

Why were her soulmates a bunch of guys who she had never met in her life?

He wanted to be the reason she smiled. The person to give her butterflies. The one to love her. 

But fate had greater plans for her, and little did he know... even for him.

With a sigh, he got up. His thoughts were giving him a slight headache and he decided to just head out for a bit of air. 

He stepped out of the repair shop and took in the morning air into his lungs before breathing out a heavy sigh, turning slightly to glance at the cafe from a distance. 

He knew she would be here any minute to open the cafe, and probably none of her soulmates would be around. Maybe he could talk with her? Maybe he could try even if he knew she would shut him out.

Why can't she just give him a chance? 

Why can't she understand how much he loves her?

But then again... was this really love? 

Iseul shook his head a little, turning around to look at the cafe once more before placing his hands in his pockets.

Deciding to just go see the girl he was longing to see, he walked to the cafe at a calm pace. On reaching, he saw that the cafe' was yet to be opened.

He knew she'd be here any minute, so he just roamed around the cafe, waiting for the girl to come to open the place. He'd be her first customer. Maybe a big tip could make her smile for once around him?

Iseul had his back against the wall of the cafe, next to one of the windows. He glanced at the watch on his wrist, checking the time, and as he glanced back at the road, a girl walked past him. 

His eyes caught her movement and they watched her until she stopped in front of the cafe doors. She picked up a key from the pocket of her jeans before inserting it into the lock, twisting the knob, and opening the door. 

The girl opened the door, and before stepping inside, she paused. It was as if she felt someone looking at her. The girl glanced his way and Iseul furrowed his eyebrows a little. 

He thought it'd be her. But no, it wasn't. 

This was the new girl he saw yesterday. The same female who he confused for Y/n once before.

Pan furrowed her eyebrows slightly when she saw him. She was curious about why he was there even before the cafe' had opened.

Was he that desperate for a morning coffee or was it because he was waiting for someone? 

They had a short moment of eye contact and Pan quickly looked away, turning her gaze back to the door in front of her. She pursed her lips, whether to say something or just walk in without a word.

Iseul turned away too when the girl did. He was disappointed. He wanted to see her. To see Y/n. But it seemed like she would come to the cafe' a while later, so he just decided to come back later.

Iseul was about to walk back to his repair shop when he heard a female's voice.

"Umm... Are you here for a coffee?" 

Pan internally facepalmed. That was stupid. If he was there for a coffee, he would just follow her inside instead of walking away. It was clear he just wanted to see someone, and Pan already had a guess.

When she asked the question, she expected the male to just walk away without another word, or at least say no and walk away. So when the male turned around, shrugging slightly before walking toward the cafe' once more, she wasn't really expecting that.

Iseul stopped in front of her. He had a blank look as he looked at her. The girl was just slightly shorter than him, and when he looked at her face, he noticed the way she stared up at his own. 

Her big dark eyes reflected his own, and for a second, he swore he noticed them sparkle a little. Iseul blinked a little, before breaking the eye contact that lasted merely five seconds. 

"Sure... I'd like a coffee" He finally answered her question, and Pan softly smiled at this boy who she knew barely anything about. To her, something about him was just peculiar. It almost felt like they were alike in some way. 

"Alright! Come on in" She said as she pushed the door open which made a small dinging noise, before walking toward the counter, toward the coffee machine while Iseul followed her, his hands still in his pockets and his face still having an unreadable look. 

______________

Hiiii guess who's better and now feeling like spoiling her lovely readers? 👀❤

Thank you so much for the 1k votes!! I appreciate you guys so much! 🥺
And I realized this is one heck of a long story cause this thing is over 4 hrs now 💅💀
Welp- for those of you who love big storylines, hope you're enjoying !!! <3