Chapter 63. Like a Lightning Bolt (Ryo)

(Present time)

   "Stop it! What the fuck!" I scream. The grin on my face is so big that threatens to split it in two. I am pretending to be annoyed, but in reality, I have never been happier. Honestly, I do not think anyone can look better in tight, red, swim trunks. What a body! My boyfriend is simply fabulous in whatever he chooses to wear, and even more gorgeous with no clothes on. I am just staring, with my mouth agape, losing my heart to him like a high school kid, whipped by their first crush.

   It is only eleven a.m., but the sun is bright and the air is hot and humid. I have been lazing around on a big, floating hammock for more than an hour, occasionally sipping from an ice-cold virgin margarita, which my sweet Angel has been obligingly bringing to my mouth, always accompanied with a kiss. None of us was in a rush to start the race, so we just indulged in relaxation and casual conversations. This is heaven, but the little rascal is clearly bored of sunbathing, and has decided to make things more exciting by splashing freezing water over my toasty ass.

   "It's cold! No! Don't get yourself into trouble," I protest, only to make him giggle louder and rock my comfortable pool float harder, trying to shake me out of it, right into the water.

   "Your lovely butt will burn," he laughs. "These shorts do not cover much, if anything. You need cooling, Harinezumi. Come on! Are you afraid to get wet?"

   "And who chose them for me? You are making a big mistake, Itazura Neko," I threaten him, faking a stormy expression. "Someone's ass will be on fire pretty soon and it's not gonna be mine."

   "You wish!" He sticks out his tongue at me, before lunging forward towards the opposite end of the pool. As if it is not enough, he yells back over his shoulder, "How do you think you're going to catch me, Master Frown? I can swim like a damn fish. I'm the shark that will bite your tanned behind."

   "Yeah, yeah! Keep blowing your own trumpet," I grumble while trying to slide carefully into the pool, without getting a temperature shock.

   My body is so heated that I almost hear the sizzle at the contact with the cool water. I will not be surprised to see steam rising from my skin. However, there is no time for acclimatization, as Angel has already halved the distance. I still give myself a few seconds to calm my breathing and admire his powerful strokes, evoking the smooth, tantalizing movements of his strong back muscles. He is very athletic for someone who does not like to eat much. There are people whose metabolism allows it, with only the addition of some harmless supplements. If there are any strong chemicals involved, though, to help him withstand the daily, intense, two-hour training sessions, I will make sure the shit goes straight into the toilet bowl today. I take a mental note to check his gym and dive after him.

   Several energetic strokes underwater help me gain the speed I need to switch to front crawl. Freestyle has always been my strongest suit. It is also easy to keep an eye on my opponent this way. Angel seems to prefer butterfly style and is frickin' good at it. I, on the other hand, have not done this for quite some time. It takes a few minutes before I find my rhythm and almost catch up to him at the edge of the pool. He immediately makes a graceful flip turn, pushing himself off the tiled wall and sweeps by me, shouting, "Shake it up, slug!"

   "Show off!" I fire back and give him the finger.

   He starts cackling defiantly and even takes the time to stop and blow me a kiss. Sexy bastard. It is definitely not normal to get hard during a swimming competition. What the fuck? Just wait for me to catch him. I will rip those trunks apart and use the pieces for a condom. He will not be able to sit for a week. I push off the wall with a new surge of energy and determination.