Ch. 21-Poor Alpha

Mulai dari awal

  “What are you wearing to the party,” she asks. A party?

  “What party,” I ask before taking a bite of the sandwich. Did Caleb tell me about a party? Maybe during the confusion he forgot to tell me.

    Josella rolls her eyes before saying, “Boys. They think we can get ready in a heartbeat. The party is tonight around eight at a boat house or maybe it’s a club house? Not too sure but everyone’s going. Well…everyone who was in the ‘in’ crowd atleast. All werewolves are automatically in the ‘in’ crowd you know.”

  “I didn’t know that,” I say honestly and Josella laughs.

  “That’s how it is almost everywhere. We have the strong guys who are really athletic. We have the competitive girls who basically created the food chain and we also have the support of our packs. Honestly, when humans see a big group of strong looking kids together, they know to back off.” Oh wow. That kind of makes me wish I had the high school experience.

“That’s some interesting stuff. So is this mostly a werewolf party,” I ask.

  Josella nods before saying, “I don’t know of a pack that won’t have someone there. At the party they’re going to have the cool rainbow lights that circle the room and amazing food. The rumor is that this host guy always holds amazing parties. I don’t know the guy too well but his girlfriend is a werewolf. They’re mates actually, they guy’s a human, but she’s a shy one. They’ve been together for about three years. What can I say? Not everyone can be like me.”

   Dear ancestors if everyone was like Josella there would be a lot of chaos. I laugh before noticing Sage run past the kitchen while holding Claire’s hand. That’s strange. I didn’t hear the door open. I wonder what they’re going to do together. Josella looks back in time to catch Sage running away before turning toward me.

  “Mates? What do you think,” Josella asks. My mouth drops and my eyes pop out. Those two are mates? Why didn’t Sage tell me?

    Josella notices my speechlessness and says, “It’s really too hard to tell but I think they are. Sage and Claire probably don’t know it yet. They’re so cute together! Zach and Annjie could be mates too. Have you noticed that Zach is always worried about Annjie? I think it’s cute. I wouldn’t have wanted to know Zeke my whole life though. I would’ve killed him before I figured out we are mates.” 

     I answer honestly while saying, “I noticed that Zach is always close to Annjie but Sage? Sage and Claire are always yelling at each other.” Josella nods before taking another bite of her sandwich.

   “Until Claire makes Sage feel bad and then Sage eases up. Claire knows what she’s doing.” Oh really? I’ll have to talk to my little brother soon. “But back to that party, what will you wear? I’m thinking about a dress? Nothing too fancy but you know, sexy,” she says. Oh I see.

  “What’s the dress code then,” I ask.

  “Dressy casual. They ask girls to wear dresses and dark wash jeans are okay for guys.” Oh I think I have something that will work. Apparently Josella is going to wear heels and her hair in a low, side curled pony tail. Her dress is grey so she’s going to match it with red accessories. It sounds really cute to me.

  “I’ll have to look in my closet,” I tell her. Josella takes my place and the two cups before putting them away.

  “Alrighty. I expect you to be looking like an eleven. If Caleb isn’t drooling, you didn’t do a good enough job,” she teases. I giggle before looking back.

  “I’ll keep that in mind.” Josella gives me a quick hug before walking out of the kitchen and out of the house.

  “Zeke your lazy tail better not be hogging up the pc,” Josella exclaims. I just shake my head before beginning to fix another sandwich for Caleb. Hopefully I don’t end up eating this one.