"What are you trying not to think about?"

"About what people are saying about me, about how my career as an Olympic track runner is basically down the drain now. About how I don't have a backup plan. About how I might get expelled from school, about—"

"Okay, that's enough. I think I get the picture. You're worried about your standing in society, you think people will shun you for showing weakness is that it?"

I nod.

"Being a track runner, is important to you, right?"

I nod.

"But what should be even more important?"

I look at her waiting for her to go on.

"Your health and well-being, if you aren't happy... if you aren't well, all those other things don't matter. Do you understand?"

I nod.

"And for people who do not respect your mental health, those boundaries that we talked about, remember? They don't need to be in your life to begin with. Your school understands Skylar, they know how important these moments are. Your team understands, your coach, your friends, and your family all understand. You don't have to be afraid. When you are ready, you will go home. And when you do, you will have people, a support system waiting for you with open arms. This is modern times Skylar, seeking help when facing a mental crisis makes you a lot stronger in the eyes of the public than you think. What you are doing is so important, so brave, so smart. And I don't want you to jeopardize it because you think people won't accept you after this. Everyone has their moment Skylar, It's okay." She assures me.

"I just... I don't want people to think I'm crazy or desperate." I say softly.

"You're not, and you shouldn't care what other people think. It's what you think that matters."

I nod.

"Here," she hands me back the journal. "Keep up the good work. I'll look into your medication."

"Thank you," I say gratefully.

"Aphrodite has been wanting to visit you for some time. Do you think you are ready to see her yet?"

"I am." I nod.

"Okay, then I'll arrange it. Just get some rest. Relax. This is a safe space. Okay?"

"Okay," I nod.

I walk back to the commons area and claim my favorite spot by the window, where I can see birds chirping in a tree.

"Here," Delany gives me a blanket, she knows I always get cold.

"Thanks," I smile at her.

Delany is an older woman, with dark skin, shaved head. She's been here a while they say. She's nice and caring. Always looking out for the new birds as she puts it, to stop the other ladies from picking on them.

The others stay away from me, they know I'm well known and not to mess with me.

"Any word about going home yet?" she sits next to me.

"Not yet, but I'm making progress," I say.

"That's good, well keep in good spirits. This place will break you if you let it." She pats me on the back before walking off.

"Clifton, a call." A nurse calls.

I get up and wrap the blanket around my shoulders, letting it drag on the ground as I walk over to the phone. Only the people on my list are allowed to call, and that's, my mom, my sister, Aphrodite, Kenzie, Darleen, Aunty, and Vida.