Chapter 49

POV: Jade

"And we would like to start getting everyone back here and get ready to start filming again. I know you are out with Skylar but that's why we are calling around to everyone. Trying to get a better picture of their schedules, renew contracts." Rachel, my executive producer explains.

She called first thing in the morning, Skylar is still asleep so I took the call out of the room and down to the lobby we have on our floor. Skylar and I reserved the whole floor for our family, on this floor is our own private lounge and snacking area.

I sigh and lean against the big window, staring out into the scenery.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach. While being out here with Skylar is easy, I know things will change once I go back. I know Skylar is jealous of my job, I know she doesn't like me working so much. I know that once I go back, we will have problems again. And we just got back together, I don't want... I don't want to lose her again.

"Jade? Still there?"

"Yeah," I sigh.

"Well, what are you thinking?"

"Of course, I want to come back, I just..."

She's silent, somehow I know she understands without me having to say anything.

"I'm just... scared," I admit.

"Well Skylar is out of school now, I know that was a major factor before. So I am sure it will be different this time."

"Are you saying that as my boss or friend?" I ask.

"Both, I know they don't teach you these kinds of things in school. And working as a woman in this kind of field, can be hard. Trust me, I know. A young girl like yourself, I know it's hard. And I know having a serious relationship on top of all that, doesn't make it easier. I won't judge you if you walk away, hell there was a time when I regretted not walking away myself once. I just want you to do what makes you happy. Like I said you are young, you will get more roles after this, I'm sure of it."

"I just, don't want to lose her again."

"Well, think it over for a bit. Talk to her, I'll call you again after I've called everyone else. Probably in a couple of days or so. Think it over. We can work with you. And if you ever need advice, from a woman who's been in this business for years, don't hesitate to call me Jade. I'm always here for you."

"Thanks, Rach, that means a lot," I say.

"Okay, well you think it over. We'll talk soon." She hangs up.

I sigh and slide down to the floor, dropping my phone and covering my head.

What do I do?

If I tell Skylar she might get upset.

Especially after we just got back together.

This is a disaster.

I rest my head on my knees and ball my hair in my hands. I feel a heavy pit inside of me. Like I can be sick at any moment. I don't like this feeling, I don't like it one bit.

"Jade?"

I bolt upright and look up at Kenzie.

She has Sprinkle in her arms, she must have taken her for a walk.

"Oh hey, good morning." I stand up off the floor.

"Everything okay?" she walks over to me and picks up my phone, placing it in my hands.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just uh, taking a moment."

She raises an unconvinced brow.

I look to make sure we are alone before grabbing her by the arm and pulling her closer.