Chapter 5

POV: Jade

She's not hard to find. She's just standing out front of the studio on her phone, giggling at something. I walk up quietly behind her and peek over her shoulder. On her phone is a picture of Aphrodite cuddled up with our cats.

She's still at Skylar's apartment.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Jesus Jade," She flinches and quickly puts her phone away. "How many times do I have to tell you, don't sneak up on me," she complains.

"I wouldn't sneak if you weren't being suspicious." I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer.

She sighs.

"Why is Aphrodite here and at your apartment and in your bed?" I ask, unable to contain my jealousy.

Skylar eyes me for a second, her eyes scanning my face as she thinks about how to answer me. I can't help but examine her body for any telling signs of her being involved with some other girl.

My eyes land on a very subtle hickey, close to her collarbone. Almost didn't see it because of her shirt. I unwrap my arms from her and use my fingers to move her shirt to get a better look.

She looks down in shame.

I clench my jaw.

"Did you fuck her?" I whisper.

She doesn't answer.

Before either of us can say anything else Cal and Andrea come outside.

"There they are," Andrea says.

We flinch apart and Skylar quickly fixes her shirt.

"Hey you, Jade tell you we are getting lunch? You coming or not?" Andrea asks.

Mika comes out too, "Plane booked for tonight." Mika says to me.

She's more than my makeup artist, she's also my personal assistant.

I turn to Skylar and her expression changes to anger.

"Uh, we'll meet you guys there." I turn to Cal.

"Okay, I'll text you. You coming Mika?" Cal says.

"Please, I'm starved." She says.

"Go ahead," I say to her.

She smiles appreciatively at me and follows them.

We wait until they are gone.

Then Skylar turns to leave.

"Where are you going," I follow her.

"Why does it matter!?" she snaps at me.

"Can we talk about this!?" I chase after her.

"Nothing to talk about. Go eat lunch with your cool famous friends and take lots of selfies with your fans. Hop on a plane back to Canada." She says bitterly.

"Skylar!" I grab her wrist and stop her as she gets to the parking lot.

She whirls around to face me.

"What Jade!?"

I flinch when I hear someone snap our picture like that.

Skylar clenches her jaw in anger, holding back her tears as she shakes her head at me.

I duck my head and follow her to the car, at least there we can argue in private.

"Damn it!" she slams her hand down on the steering wheel as soon as I get in and shut the door.