Chapter 43

POV: Jade

Clearly, we both needed a break. We are so exhausted we don't even wake up for breakfast at our hotel. We always get two beds in our hotel room, even though we always end up on the same bed. Just so the press won't think something is up between us.

After the party, we camped out in the RV before driving seven hours to San Antonio Texas where we got a room on the riverwalk. A big room too, for when our friends and family come. We are having a family reunion here. Just so everyone can check in on us and see how we are doing. Aphrodite is also invited, and though I would rather her not be, so is Vida. If she will show is a whole other story.

She and Skylar have been talking again. Just texting and checking in on each other. Very annoying. But I'm not going to tell Skylar who she should or shouldn't have in her life. I would just rather who is in her life not to be another ex-fiancée.

The phone ringing makes me squint my eyes.

We have those black-out blinds down so I can't even tell what time of day it is.

"Huh?" I say half asleep as it rings again.

"Emm," Skylar rolls over in bed.

"Ugh," I sit up.

I grab my phone and glare at the screen, my arms are sore. It's Kenzie, and it's already past noon. Damn.

"Skylar get up, it's already past noon," I whack her in the leg.

"Emm!" she pulls a pillow over her head.

I sigh and answer the phone.

"We are here," Kenzie sings.

"Ugh, what room did you get?" I yawn.

"Are you seriously just waking up?"

"Don't judge," I pout.

"Open the door," she says just as a loud knock greets my ears.

"No!" Skylar whines.

"Get up." I playfully push her before standing up and pulling my hair up. Then I walk to the door and open it.

"Geez, turn a light on." Kenzie laughs.

"Ugh, a little help please." Darleen carries the luggage down the hall.

Sprinkle looks around all happy and cute.

"You got it, babe, just the room across the hall." Kenzie waves Darleen off.

"I hate you," Darleen pouts.

I turn the light on and open the blinds.

"No!" Skylar whines.

"Sprinkle assault!" Kenzie puts Sprinkle on the bed.

"Ah! Kenzie! Sprinkle! No!" Skylar laughs as the dog attacks her and licks her all over.

I laugh and stretch.

"Okay, okay, I'm up!" Skylar sits up and grabs Sprinkle, hugging her close.

"Get up and get dressed, mom is almost here too," Kenzie says.

"Fine! Ugh," I dig around in the drawer and find something to wear before going for the shower.

"You need in here before I shower?" I call to Skylar.

"Yeah," She yawns. "Hold on." she gets up.

I let Skylar use the bathroom and let Darleen into our room, she's grouchy.

"Someone is cranky because she couldn't sleep last night," Kenzie pokes fun at Darleen.

"It was Sprinkles' fault! That dog is out to get me!" Darleen says.