Chapter 53

POV: Skylar

"I'm not really a makeup-wearing girl, so stuff like this, dressing up, events, parties and stuff. Is a pretty big hassle." I explain to the camera.

"You look awesome, I'm almost done." Mika, Jade's assistant says.

'You look so good!'

'Awe, look at our girly getting dolled up for her girlfriend.'

'rare dressy Skylar appearance!!!'

"Will you guys stop teasing," I pout at the comments.

"Wow, look at you," Jade walks into the room, her heels clacking on the floor. "You look like an actual human being today."

"Jade I'm streaming!" I glare at her.

'LMAO! Jade's so funny.'

'Lmao!'

'Lol Jade's a savage.'

"Oh, well how do I look," She does a 360 spin for me.

"Awesome as always," Mika says. "I can touch up your makeup once I'm done with Skylar." She sprays me with hairspray.

I cough and wave it away.

"I'm surprised you got her to sit still long enough to get makeup on her. I'll pay you extra for that." Jade says jokingly to Mika.

"Hey!" I whine.

"Well, they don't call me the best for nothing." Mika gloats.

"Excuse me for not wanting to embarrass my girlfriend, This is our first big public event together and I want us to look nice," I say.

"And I appreciate it, plus if you went in that pantsuit again, I would literally kill you in the car and hide your body in the trunk so we don't have to be seen together," Jade says.

"Harsh." I gulp.

'LMAO! Not the pantsuit! I remember that teen choice awards.'

'Poor Skylar, it's okay Skylar, I too hate being fancy.'

'Burn the pantsuit! Never wear it again!'

'Jade cracks me up.'

"Looks like the stream missed you Jade," I zoom up on her.

"For legal purposes, everything I just said was a joke," Jade narrows her eyes at the camera.

Mika laughs.

"And here I thought I was being a good girlfriend by taking the initiative, turns out I was just avoiding my own murder," I turn the camera back to me.

"And... done!" Mika brushes one last orange curl to the side.

I stand up out of her chair.

"Final look," I show the stream.

"Please tell me you aren't wearing your sneakers," Jade whines.

"Jade you know I hate heels."

"Skylar! It's the Emmys!" Jade says.

"Jade!"

"Skylar!"

"Mika!" Mika interjects.

We both turn to her.

"Now that I have your attention, behold the best assistant of all. Not heels, not sneakers, but boots!" She hands me a shoe box.

"Give me that," Jade snags the phone from me. "Stream beat Skylar up for me. No way can she wear her old raggy sneakers to an award show."