Chapter 52

POV: Jade

One Year Later

"You okay?" Andrea asks me.

"Yep." I force a smile.

"It's okay if you're not, I mean filming sex scenes is always awkward as hell. Just let me know if you need anything or want to change anything or are uncomfortable. Anything. I got your back." She assures me.

"Quiet on set!" Greg calls.

I take a shaky breath.

"Okay girls, whenever you are ready."

"Just don't overthink it, and there are people on standby—"

"Okay, I got it." I cut her off.

It's bad enough I'll basically have to get nude on set without reminding me that there are like 30 people watching me about to act like I'm having sex. It's my first sex scene ever and even at table reads it was awkward as hell. But it's in the script so here goes nothing.

"Ready?" Greg calls.

"Ready!" I call back.

I take a deep breath to calm myself.

"Action!"

In the scene my character Regan and Andrea's character Mo are lying on the ground, camping out for the night on their way back home after Regan and Callen's character Lowen went on a forbidden quest to bring Mo back to life. Lowen went to the town to try and get help for my character who is injured.

"Do you hate me?" I ask Mo, gazing off into the campfire.

She's sitting behind me, I hear her shuffle around but say nothing.

"I wouldn't blame you if you did," I say softly.

"I don't know what I feel." She finally answers.

"It should have been me that died, not you." I force myself to sit up, clutching the life-threatening wound on my side. "Ah," I grunt in pain. "I deserve this."

"Why'd you do it?"

"I already told you—"

"No, why did you save me? Why did you come all the way out here and risk your life to save me?"

"It wasn't my idea." I pull my hand away and examine the black blood.

"Bullshit, Lowen told me everything. About how you begged him to help you."

"That bastard," I shake my head.

"Regan enough of the games!" she grabs my shoulder and forces me to meet her eyes. "Why did you—"

"Because I love you!" I snap at her.

She freezes.

"There, I said it out loud. You happy now?" I turn away from her.

We sit in silence for a moment.

"I love you Moriana. Perhaps I always have... I just... couldn't live with myself knowing I killed you. So even if I die for saving you, in my eyes, it was worth it."

"You are so infuriating!" she shakes me, tears streaming down her face. "Why!? Why are you like this? Why couldn't you just admit it, why did we have to go through all this!?"

"Bad people like me don't get the girl Mo. I know how this story ends for me, I always did I just didn't want to accept it. I am the cursed one. I don't get to be happy. But you do, you're the hero, the good one that gets everything she wants, and I hated you for it." My eyes water.