Chapter 4

POV: Jade

It's a dream I keep telling myself. Or better put... a nightmare. But even though I know it's not real, it still feels very real. There is this thick glass wall between us. Skylar on one side, me trapped on the other.

I can see Skylar, with some no faced girl. Just a girl, unrecognizable, generic in appearance. She's happy with her, laughing before pulling that girl into her arms. Just like she used to do with me. She kisses her.

I scream and bang on the glass wall but she can't hear me, can't see me. Can't see the glass room filling up with water with me still in it.

She grabs that girl's hand and interlocks their fingers. She has on a ring, but it's different from the one I gave her. It's better, prettier, and that other girl has a matching one. Together the two begin to walk away, far away from me.

"Skylar!" I beg for her attention.

She turns to me, for just a second. Her eyes meet mine. She looks sad and disappointed before she turns away and walks away from me. Leaving me trapped as the room fills up.

I bang and bang and bang on the glass, screaming for her help, but she doesn't turn around.

I jolt awake to the sound of actual pounding on my set RV.

I fell asleep in costume while I was waiting to be called on set.

I get up from the recliner and walk over to the door.

"Sorry, I fell asleep," I say to the set hand.

"You're needed on set to film your scene."

I nod and stretch before walking out.

"I didn't mess up my makeup, did I?" I ask.

He looks me up and down and smiles before saying, "Still look evil and menacing."

"Good, this look takes 3 hours," I complain.

We walk on set and I get my directions and find my place.

Costume and makeup come and do last-minute touch-ups on me before we are finally ready to film.

"You okay?" Callen, my co-star, and this show's main protagonist ask me as we wait for the director to talk to the cameraman.

"Yeah," I lie.

"You look out of it." He points out.

"Just woke up," I admit.

"Ah, power naps, an actor's best friend."

I force a chuckle.

"Quiet on set!" the director calls.

We move back to our positions and I take a deep breath before getting into character.

"3 2 1, Action!"

"Well, look who decided to join us," I say in a snarky tone, completely in character as my facial expression changes from distant and lost in thought to cocky and boastful.

We are currently filming the first few episodes of season 3. Last season my character was finally revealed as the antagonist. The show is a hit. People love it. I have to go to cons and on talk shows and radio shows and do lives on social media to promote the second season which premieres this week. That along with my filming schedule makes me a very busy person. I'm basically only ever at my apartment to sleep.

What started as being here for one season, just a few months before I go back to Cali and marry Skylar turned into a few more months, to a year, to more. Once I renewed for the second season of the show, that's when things started to fall apart for me and Skylar.