Chapter 36

POV: Jade

"Okay, just don't panic. I got this," I reassure Kenzie.

"Jade!" She whines, tears in her eyes.

Mackenzie's wedding while beautiful on the outside, is turning into a total nightmare. First Darleen's family basically came in and ignored the well-planned seating chart, which instantly caused drama. Darleen had to quickly put out that fire. Then Darleen's aunt canceled the flower arrangements at the last second because she asked for white roses, but the roses were off-white. I had to go and un-cancel them. Then Kenzie's mom, my aunt, got food poisoning last night and ended up puking all over the tablecloth during the rehearsal last night. So we had to quickly find another one.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Darleen forgot her wedding outfit at home, a whole state away! So, we had to call Skylar's mom, who thankfully agreed to bring it. But we are cutting it down to the wire. The latest fire I have to put out is that Kenzie ripped her train on accident, it got caught on the door.

"Just forget it, who am I kidding, I can't do this." Kenzie sobbed, she is a complete and nervous wreck.

"Hey," I grab her shoulders. "You got this. Just breathe, it will be okay." I assure her.

A knock at the door causes us to look up to meet one of Darleen's cousins.

"Um, bad timing, but the photographer got into a car wreck on the way here. He can't make it."

"Oh my god! It's cursed! It's a cursed wedding!" Kenzie got up out of her chair and ran to hide in the dressing closet.

I sighed.

"Sorry," Darleen's cousin cringed.

"I'll handle it, just find Darleen," I say.

"Got it," she nodded and quickly walked off.

First thing is first, a new photographer. I quickly call someone I used to work with when I was at Disney, he was a set hand but did photography on the side.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey! I have a huge, super huge favor. Please say yes, I'll pay you whatever you want, just say yes."

"ha ha, same Jade as always. How can I help?" He asked.

"I need you to like, get dressed right fucking now and come be the photog at my cousin's wedding. Please, please, please. We'll pay you, swear. Please." I beg.

"Uh..." I hear rustling around. "Yeah let me find my tux, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Within the hour?" I push.

"Yes," I hear him laugh.

"Thank you, thank you so fucking much. I'll send the address and Venmo you the deposit." I say.

"Awesome." He hung up.

Okay, one problem handled. I quickly text him the address and Venmo him his usual rate as the deposit.

I quickly grab the sewing kit and march into the closet.

Kenzie is a sobbing mess.

"Kenzie, stop it. I got it handled. I'm the best maid of honor ever, promise." I quickly kneel next to her and start fixing the rip.

"I can't do this, I can't." she shakes her head.

"Well, why the hell not? Everyone is already here and the money has already been spent, kind of late for cold feet don't you think?" I say as I sew.

"Darleen still has feelings for her Ex!" She shouts.

"What!?" I stop sewing.

"It happened when we were in London when we got into that fight. She admitted to me she still loves Aphrodite." She sobs.