Chapter 48

POV: Skylar

I smile as I watch Jade gush over some clothes with Mackenzie. Today we decided to hit up the outlets. She's been glowing the past few days. She can't keep a smile off her face, so cute.

"Ugh can we go already," Darleen complains.

She's holding all of Mackenzie's bags.

"No!" Jade and Kenzie say in unison.

I chuckle.

"Skylar, buy me this," Oli shows me a cute shirt.

"Fine," I roll my eyes.

"Look it's you," Mom points to the cutout of me in front of the Nike store.

"It's kind of creeping me out, to be honest," I stare at the cutout through the window.

"Right," Vida comes up next to me.

"It's like it's staring into our soul," Darleen whispers.

All three of us shudder.

"Cut it out," Mom laughs. "I think it's cute. I want to take a picture with it."

"Mom," I complain.

"We should play a prank on people, see if they notice if we switch out the cutout with the real thing," Vida says.

"I'm trying not to get banned from here, thank you," I playfully push her.

"Skylar can I get this too," Oli shows me some shorts.

"You are going to drain me dry," I glare at her.

"You better buy your sister some clothes," Mom pinches me.

"Ow, okay," I pout.

Darleen and Vida laugh at me.

"Get whatever you want Olivia, Skylar will pay. She has the money to now."

"Mom!"

She gives me a look.

I sigh and stare out the window at myself.

"Welcome to the club," Darleen looks over to Kenzie.

I giggle.

"Speaking of which... since I now have an amazing best friend who also happens to have a decent chunk of change now..." Vida gives me the puppy dog look.

"I knew there was a reason you were buttering me up." I shake my head.

"Well I tried to butter up Princess over there, but she's mean." Vida pouts.

"And don't you forget it," Aphrodite says as she walks by to try on a dress.

We all laugh.

"She's a tough nut to crack, but give it a little time, she'll soften," Darleen says.

"Yeah, what Darleen said."

"I heard that!" Aphrodite calls.

We giggle.

"Real talk," Vida gathers closer to us. "Do you think I stand a chance with her?" Vida whispers.

"Vida!" I say.

"What!? Obviously you and Jade are back together, plus she's like super smoking hot," Vida whispers.

Darleen and I laugh.

"That road is a dangerous one," Darleen says.

"But very rewarding if you catch my drift," I wink.

"Damn, for real?" Vida bites her lip and looks over to where Aphrodite walked over.