Jsiaj

What was he doing?

Just staring at the ceiling since the afternoon.

He had talked with Hoseok, finally understood what mates were supposed to be and meant and felt absolutely awful because of how he completely misunderstood everything and assumed it meant nothing serious.

The whole day, he kept laying there.
Not speaking a word, doing or saying anything.

He just thought about his feelings, what he'd do next and what was happening.

Namjoon checked on him that evening, only being send back out with the excuse that Yoongi was tired however and needed some sleep.

The omega kept to himself, not really doing anything until at around 1am.

He quietly made his way out of his room, standing inside the kitchen and putting his head on the counter while he waited for his coffee.

He let out a sight, rubbing his temples before widening his eyes and turning his head as he heard a sound from the living room.

Leaving his coffee, he peeked inside the big room, only to see a person on the couch, the light of a phone being seen mixed with the sound of a muffled cry.

He wasn't sure who it was, but it definitely got his attention and damn did he dislike the thought of one of those guys crying.

He could've just misunderstood something but he had to check for himself.
He took a few steps closer behind the couch, putting a hand without a second thought on the person's shoulder only to be greeted with a scream, the phone now laying on the ground and lighting up the whole room.

Now Yoongi stared in Jimins face, both not saying a thing and just staring as if both surprised to see each other.

Another minute however and Jimin quickly wiped his face, leaning back and letting out a big sight.

"ah damn.. You startled me.. Why are you awake anyways?"jimin asked trying to change the topic, Yoongi quickly sitting down on the ground in front of the couch and picking up the phone.

"I'm just.. Awake.. Hey jimin.. Why have you been crying?"

"I didn't cry."

Yoongi looked up at him, giving him an specific look as if to say that the beta should stop lying.

"I was just.. Sad"

"About what? Did something happen?" Yoongi asked, leaning his head on Jimins leg.

"no.. I mean kinda. You and Taehyung I guess.."

".. You cried because me and Taehyung happened?" Yoongi asked a bit confused, not really getting why that'd be a reason to cry about.

"I..yes"

"..Explain further why.. I don't get it" Yoongi said, still a bit irritated.

Jimin leant back, letting out a sight and pushing his head back, looking down at Yoongi before letting out a long breath.

"It's stupid.. I'm an beta.. So we can't mate.. And I'm pretty sure the others all are gonna feel closer to you once you mated with them and I'm gonna be the only one who isn't that close to you and.. Well I'd be.. Kinda left out.."

Yoongi stared at Jimin, having to process what the beta just said.

So mating really just was a thing between alphas and omegas. He didn't know that either.

"Jimin.. Please.. Don't worry about that." Yoongi sighted, turning around to take the males hands and hold them.

"How should I not worry about it? It's natural for you guys to be closer.. So-"

"Natural for our bodies perhaps, but that doesn't involve feelings at all.. Just because my body seems to prefer alphas that doesn't mean I like you less.. There's.. You know.. Don't tell anyone this.. But I just learned today what mating actually means." The male then said, Jimin not saying a word and looking rather speechless at Yoongi.

"Ridiculous right?.. I've mated with Jin and Taehyung without even knowing the meaning behind it..and I can tell you.. Even if my body knew a difference, I didn't suddenly lose my interest in you or thought less of you. If we could I guess I would mate with you simply for the meaning.. but We don't have to mate, it's not a must for me and it never was in the first place.. I promise you to not leave you out.. After all.. As the only beta here.. Who doesn't get affected by heats or ruts.. You do get to spend more time with me than the others and won't suddenly jump onto me because you can't control your hormones." Yoongi smiled a bit, having to feel a bit relaxed when he saw Jimins small smile.

"I guess that's true.. Thanks Hyung" Jimin said and then pulled Yoongi up in an hug, not letting the smaller go and letting out a relieved sight.

"Now now, no more crying. You should sleep a bit-"

"Me? You should sleep. You got work tomorrow don't you?" Jimin asked, Yoongi looking at him a bit dumbfounded as he realized that he did have work the next day.

"Oh fuck.."

Jimin laughed a little, standing up and taking Yoongis hand to pull him with him to his room.

Not what he imagined this night to be like, but he couldn't complain now, laying in Jimins arms and being all cuddled up as they fell asleep.