92. Bran the Broken

'Where is jon?'

'Jon snow is our prisoner just like tyrion' Grey worm declared. 

"Hello sweet heart." Tyrion whispered looking to Amelia. 

"Uncle Tyrion," she looked at the chains on his hands.

"I'm okay." he whispered but she shook her head, this didnt look good for Tyrion.

'Some of you might be quick to forgive but the iron islands are not, we swore to protect to follow to serve Daenerys Targaryen.' Yara told them.

'You swore to serve a tyrant!'

'She got rid of cersei Lannister. Let the unsullied give him what he deserves he stabbed a dagger through her chest!' yara demanded.

"NO!" Amelia begged. 

'You say one more word about my brother and I will slit your throat!' arya warned

'Friends please we have been cutting each other's throats long enough'. Davos said 'if it was not for you and your men we would've lost the war with the undead... there's land in the reach Good land the people that used to live there or gone make it your home start your own house as the unsullied as your Bannerman.' Davos suggested 'we have had enough war to know we need to find a better way.'

'We do not need payment we need justice' Gray worm told him 'Jon Snow cannot go free.'

'It is not for you to decide' Tyrion remarked.

'You are not to speak everyone has heard enough words from you!'

'You don't touch him!' Amelia warned.

'It's alright Amelia... You're right and no one is any better for it. But it is not for you to decide, Jon committed his crime, his fate is for our King to decide or our queen.' Tyrion remarked. 

'We don't have a king or queen'

'You're the most powerful people in Westeros choose one' Tyrion told them. 'Make your choice then.'

'We have to choose someone'

'Why just us?' Sam asked 'we represent all the great houses but whoever we choose won't just serve over lords and ladies perhaps we should let the decision go to everyone, it will affect everyone.' Sam suggested and everyone broken into laughter.

"That's not a bad idea." Amelia murmured. 

'Maybe we should give the dogs a vote as well' Edmure declared. 

'I suppose you want the crown?' Daavo asked tyrion

'Me? An imp? Half the people hate me for betraying daenerys the other half hate me for following her.' Tyrion told them

'Who then?'

'I have had nothing to do but think these past few weeks about our bloody history about the mistakes we have made.' Tyrion told them he took a few cautious steps forward 'our people, our armies, gold, flags, Stories. There is nothing more powerful in the world and a good story nothing can stop it. No enemy can defeat it and who has a better story? Then Bran the broken. The boy who fell from a high tower and lived. Even though he would never walk again so he learnt to fly. He crossed beyond the wall a crippled boy and became the three eyed Raven. He is our memory, the keeper of all our stories the wars, wedding, massacres, famines, triumphs our defeats, our past.' Tyrion told them ''who better to lead us into the future?'

'Bran has no wish to be King, he also cannot father any children.' Sansa reminded him

'Good, sons of kings tend to be stupid that is the wheel our queen wanted to break. From now on rulers will not be born they will be chosen from the lords and ladies of Westeros to serve the realm.' tyrion told them all, still in handcuffs he walked towards Bran. 'I know you don't want it. I know you do not care about power. But I ask you now if they choose you, will you wear the crown? Will you lead the seven kingdoms to the best of your ability from this day until your last day?'

'Why do you think I came all this way?' Bran countered and Tyrion chuckled. Amelia stared back at Bran though, if he was king there would be no future for them. No one would want a Lannister anywhere near the throne again. Bran would be a good king, Amelia knew that but she was selfish and she was already planning their future. She didnt know that anyone would want a Lannister even at kings landing. 

'To Brandon of House Stark' tyrion said.

"To Brandon of House Stark." Amelia and Rickon agreed as Bran grabbed her hand. And it was silent for a long moment but soon every man and woman around them of every great house agreed that Brandon Stark would be a good king

'I love you little brother I always have always will, you will be a good king but tens of thousands of men have died and have seen too much to ever kneel again' sansa told him. 'the north will remain an independent kingdom as it was for thousands of years.' Sansa told them and Bran agreed

'All hail Bran the broken first of his name King of the andal's and the six kingdoms, protector of the realm.' Tyrion said and everyone stood up

'All hail bran the broken!' they all cheered before sitting back down.

"All hail Bran.' Amelia said smiling down at him. He wasn't broken, he was whole.

'Lord tyrion... You will be my hand' bran told him.

'No your grace I do not want it' tyrion told him.

'And I do not want to be king' bran reminded him.

'I do not deserve it I thought I was wise but I wasn't. I thought I knew what was right but I didn't. Choose anyone else.' Tyrion begged.

"You would be a good Hand of the king." Amelia assured him. 

'You cannot' Grey Worm countered aggressively.

'I can, I am king' Bran reminded calmly. 

'He needs justice' grey yelled.

'He just got it' Bran told him 'he has made many terrible mistakes he's going to spend the rest of his life fixing them' Bran informed him

'It is not enough' gray worm told him.

'It will be enough.' Bran countered.