62. I don't like You

" Why did you help us?" Meera questioned and Benjen pulled down his hood Bran was sucked back into a vision, his eyes white as Meera glared across the fire at Benjen.

''The Three-Eyed Raven sent for me." Benjen told her.

''The Three-Eyed Raven's dead'' Meera spat back.

''Now he lives again.'' Benjen told her. Bran startled awake as he came out of a vision. Meera moved to him.

''When I last saw you, you were a boy. A fearless boy." Benjen remarked ''Loved to climb the castle walls, frighten his mother. And were completely smitten with a princess that was set to marry your brother. But that didnt stop you from dancing with her."

''Who are you?'' Bran asked. Benjen moved closer to the fire. ''Uncle Benjen. The last letter Jon wrote me said you had been lost beyond the Wall." Bran remarked

''I led a ranging party deep into the North to find White Walkers. They found us. A white walker stabbed me in the gut with a sword of ice. Left me there to die. To turn. The Children found me. Stopped the walker's magic from taking hold" Benjen informed him

'' How?''

'' The same way they made the Walkers in the first place. You saw it yourself.' Benjen reminded him

''Dragonglass. A shard of dragonglass plunged into your heart.'' Bran remarked.

''You are the Three-Eyed Raven now.'' Benjen told him confidently.

''I didn't have time to learn. I can't control anything." Bran declared.

''You must learn to control it before the Night King comes.'' Benjen knelt before Bran and offered him a cup. ''Drink.'' Benjen instructed. ''One way or another, he will find his way to the world of men. When he does, you will be there waiting for him. And you will be ready.'' 

"Do you know where Amelia is? If she is still alive?" Bran asked. 

"Why don't we look for her together?" Benjen offered. 

+

"You know Amelia, when I was assigned to take your uncle to the capital, to trade him for the stark girls... he begged me to take you instead." Brienne remarked and Amelia stared back at her. "He said that your life was worth more, that you were worth more, that he wanted you safe." Brienne told her. "He begged me, begged me to take you home instead of himself." 

"He did?" Amelia asked feeling tears in her eyes. 

"He loves you very much." Brienne assured her. 

"I miss him." Amelia whispered. 

"I will get you back to him." Brienne assured. 

"After you find sansa." Amelia added. 

"You understand, she is a prisoner as you were-"

"I wasnt a prisoner with Sandor." Amelia snapped back. "He was my friend. He protected me since I was a babe. He loves me." 

"Amelia-"

"He does, he didnt care about Joff, but really who did?" AMelia offered. "But he did. He was going to take me across the narrow sea, he was going to get a good life for us where the Lannister and Stark name wouldnt haunt me!" 

"Did he force himself upo-" Brienne began. 

"NO!" Amelia spat. "He is my friend, he would never hurt me. I love him he is.... he was family." Amelia told her confidently. "And you killed him." 

"Amelia-" Brienne called as she stomped away. 

"I got her." Podrick offered following after Amelia. 

"Go away." Amelia muttered. 

"Princess.... AMelia..." Podrick said sitting beside her. "I know this is new and scary and I know everything is changing... but I'm, well we, I'm still not the best fighter but I'm learning." Amelia glanced over at him. "We are going to keep you safe and get you back to your family, I promise."

"I don't like Brienne." AMelia muttered. 

"She's alright." Podrick offered. 

"She killed Sandor." Amelia countered. 

"I'm sorry about that..." Podrick agreed. "But Lord Tyrion was my... friend and trust me when I tell you that I will keep you safe. You have a friend in me too now." Podrick offered. 

"Is the capital a mess?" Amelia asked. 

"It was when I left." Podrick admitted. 

"that's what sandor thought, he was going to get us out of here." Amelia told him. 

"You really cared about  him." 

"I do." Amelia agreed. "He was my first friend." Podrick smiled over at her. "He always took my side, he let me cuss at Joffrey and when Joff was being difficult he would let me beat him up." Amelia remarked and Podrick chuckled. "We were on our way to winterfell-" Amelia remarked remembering it clearly, it seemed so long ago yet as though no time passed. before everything turned all upside down. 

"Joffrey had told me I had a big nose and a long neck like a giraffe, I hear they have those in dorne." Amelia remarked. "And I asked sandor and he said I was perfect. Joff admitted he lied and I beat him up." Amelia informed him. "Sandor sat back and chuckled as Joff screamed out. My uncle Jaime came telling Sandor to do his job, complained that I was spending to much time with sandor because I cussed at joffrey... then every thing went to the deepest levels of the seven hells." Amelia remarked. 

"I never thought I would see him again, I thought I would die at Robb's hand but then he was there and he saved me and protected me, until his last breath." Amelia added softly. 

"Now I will too." Podrick told her. 

"Thank you Podrick... you are a good listener, I can see why Tyrion liked you." Amelia remarked. "Tyrion likes to talk."