32. Your Princess

'Thank the gods I haven't had a proper shit in six days' Tyrion said taking the vial from Pycelle
'Have you encountered this problem before my Lord?' Lord Pycelle asked 'positions of power often have this effect. Two drops with water a day.'
'I'm so grateful to have a man of your knowledge with this quick wisdom on our side, on my side.' Tyrion told him.
'Thank you my Lord.'
'I can trust you Pycelle can I not?' Tyrion asked.
'Of course my Lord'
'The crown is in the need to form new alliances and these alliances must often be sealed in matrimony.' Tyrion told him.
'Matrimony yes' pycelle agreed.
'I are trusting the council with this plan but the queen mustn't know, you can't tell her.' Tyrion informed him.  'Meddling in affairs that could destroy the realm there's too much at stake.'
'oh yes yes I shall be silent as the grave.' Pycelle assured.
'I'm brokering an alliance with house Myrtell,' Tyrion informed him.
'out in Dorne?' Pycelle questioned.
'princess Marcella will marry their youngest son when she comes of age,' Tyrion said pouring glass of wine. 'Ensuring their army and their loyalty.' Tyrion added.
'Marcella to be sent away to Dorne?'
'But remember the queen must never know' Tyrion added.
'Oh the queen mustn't know what?' Varys questioned happily taking the wine from Tyrion. Tyrion was playing a game he was trying to see who he could trust on his council.
'I plan to marry princess Marcella off to the Greyjoys,' Tyrion told him 'to Theon Greyjoy'
'Theon Greyjoy... Forgive me my Lord but how he grew up a ward of Winterfell, he fights for Robb Stark.' Varys reminded him.
'His fathers Lord Greyjoy loathes the starks and will convince the boy to come to our side. Greyjoy can destroy the northern army from within and we can have his father ships but remember you must tell no one.'
'Tell no one what?' Petyr questioned
'I plan to wed princess Marcella to Robin Arryn of the veil. Lysa is not fond me but perhaps the promise of a royal match will convince her to let bygones be bygones.' Tyrion told petyr.
'She imprisoned you, she tried to execute you.' Petyr reminded him 'and you offer her a princess?'
'A man in our position holding grudges can be an encumbrance don't you think?' Tyrion asked.
'And I suppose you want me to broker this agreement?' Petyr questioned 'After the horrid union between Robb and Amelia... I'm sure you need to be very vareful about this." Petyr remarked.
"Amelia will be home before we know it." Tyrion assured and Petyr tilted his head in contemplation.
"yes I could sing this song to Lysa if I care too... What's in it for me?'
'The gratitude of the people, helping in this war, admiration of the King for bringing the Veil back into the fold... And Harrenhal.' Tyrion told him.
' Harrenhal is cursed' petyr told him.
'I didn't take you for a superstitious man but by all means tear it down and build another. You'll be able to afford it.' Tyrion told him 'I plan to make you Lord of the Riverlands.'
'with a single stroke you would make me one of the greatest lords in the realm?' Petyr questioned incredulously.
'You have served my family well in the matter of this succession.' Tyrion reminded him.
'So did the last man you slaughtered, you sent him away, and snatched his title away.' Petyr reminded him.
'Yes pity, but he was an incompetent fool.' Tyrion remarked. 'I need you to convince Lysa Arryn' Tyrion told him. The three men had left to ponder their deals, now all he had to do was wait to see which one spilled his secrets.

+
'I heard there was trouble at Baelish is brothel house the other night.'
'Yes it had to be done' Janos Slynt agreed.
'Yes I understand people can get rowdy but I didn't know that included killing newborn babies...'
'Orders are orders,' He told them.
' you are right, of course orders are orders.' Tyrion tested.
'Especially the Queens orders.' Slynt agreed. .
'I never said they were the Queens orders.'
'No but...' Slynt began.
'Who else would want to murder King Roberts bastards. She's always been a jealous woman.' Tyrion told them.
'You know your sister better than I do' slynt offered.
'You've heard the awful rumors about my brother and sister.' Tyrion went on.
'I do not listen to filth' Slynt assured.
'Well that's nice but you have heard. I suppose people who do believe that filth would believe Robert bastards to have a better claim of the throne then cersei's children' Tyrion went on.
'Joffrey is my king the rest does not interest me.'
'Loyal.' Loyal to the wrong people though. 'I appreciate your loyalty. Tell me. When your men slaughtered Ned stark men in the throne room did you give the order?'
'I did and I would again the man was a traitor he tried to buy my loyalty.'
'A fool. he had no idea you were already bought' Tyrion told him.
'Do you joke? I will not have my honor questioned by an imp'
'I'm not questioning your honor I am denying its existence.' Tyrion told him and the man shot up
'I won't sit here and take this from a dwarf!' he said defensively.
'Dwarf you should've stopped at imp' tyrion said still sitting and unfazed by the mans aggression. 'You can stand here and take it from me or you can take it from my friend Bronn here.' Bronn stepped forward. 'I intend to service him to the king until my father returns from the war and seeing as though you would trade the last hand of the King well I just wouldn't feel safe with you looking about.'
'What are you talking about? My friends at court will not allow this the queen herself will not allow this!'
'The queen regent and you are a fool to believe she is your friend.'
'We will hear what Joffrey has to say about this!'
'No we wont.' Tyrion said, he nodded to Bronn, who nodded to the door and two guards came in.
'There was a ship on the shore leaving tonight, from there I'm afraid it is a long walk to Castle Black I hope you enjoy the wall I found it surprisingly beautiful and a brutal, horribly uncomfortable sort of way.' Tyrion told him.
'I will escort you, the streets are not safe at night.' Bronn informed him.
'These men are under my command!' he shouted 'I demand you to arrest this cutthroat!' he shouted
'His name is Bronn and he is the new commander of the city watch.' Tyrion corrected.
'Boys' bronn said happily.
'I have powerful friends! The king himself made me a lord!' he screamed out as he was removed from the room.
'To a new commander' Tyrion said clinking glasses, 'If I ask you to kill an infant girl still latched onto her mother's breast would you do it without question?' Tyrion asked bronn, and he chuckled.
'Without question? No. I would ask how much.' bronn answered.
"If I asked you to rescue my niece Amelia... break her out of winterfell and bring her back. Would you?" Tyrion added.
"How much?" Bronn repeated.
"But you would?" Tyrion asked.
"Sure, everyone has got a price. I'm sure the princesses safe return would be worth a lot."
Tyrion also knew that her pretty little head on a spike was also more likely.
+
"Repuzel, Repuzel, let down your hair." Amelia began. "the prince called up to her and her hair being so very long she threw it out the window." Bran stared down at her as Amelia's eyes focused on the ceiling her hands in Rickons hair, her head in Bran's lap. "The prince climbed up her hair which must have hurt a lot." Amelia remarked 'but when he got to the top Repuzel thought herself safe, her prince charming had come to the rescue, he was handsome and kind and made her smile. She thought she was safe that he would save her... but she wasn't."
"Oh no." Rickon said and Bran foud himself playing with Amelia's hair.
"Bran likes the scary stories." Amelia remarked looking up at Bran. "Her evil step mother came up, up, up the steps. She heard the lock giggle and the keys turning. The prince wanted to save her, to rescue her. But when her step mother saw them together she was outragged." Amelia declared. "She pushed the prince out the window and he fell down, down, down." Amelia looked to Bran. Her hand reached up and she touched his chin. "The evil step mother chopped Repuzel's hair to the scalp and dragged her to the window. She said look Repunzel. Look what you did. He is dead because of you."
"Dark." Rickon remarked but Amelia kept her focus on Bran. "I thought you said it was a fairy tale?"
"Not ever fairy tale has a happy ending where they fall madly in love and they live happily ever after." Amelia remarked letting her hand fall to her lap. But Bran still stared at her.
"In my story." Bran told her tracing his finger over her lion necklace. "The boy gets the princess and they live happily ever after." Bran told her confidently.
"Who is your princess, Bran?" Amelia remarked.
"You." Bran answered without hesitation.