73. Every Single Time

Amelia and Rickon were dancing around the room as Ghost howled out tail wagging, pouncing at their feet. 

Rickon couldnt understand why Sansa was being difficult. Amelia was wonderful. Sansa never smiled yet even before when Amelia was truly a prisoner Rickon always remembering her finding the strength to smile. 

Amelia flopped onto the bed and Ghost jumped up kissing her face. She giggled out running her fingers through his fur. Rickon lay opposite her and turned his head to her. She peered past Ghost's long ears to Rickon. 

"Remember what we said forever ago about swimming in the capital?" Rickon asked and Amelia turned back to Ghost as she nodded. "Do you think after all this is over..." 

"I would still love that." Amelia admitted. "But I don't know that the capital is such a safe spot right now. Or ever."

"But Jon is-"

"Getting a weapon." Amelia reminded him. "From a rival queen that... I don't know."

"You think your mum is a good queen?" Rickon asked. 

"I think she is probably trying her best." Amelia offered. "But there is so much bad blood with the Lannister name. I know that, I do. I don't think a Lannister or Baratheon or false Baratheon could ever hold power."

"Why not?"

"Because of what my family did, no one will ever trust me again." Amelia whispered. 

+

Bran was sitting by the tree when his sisters approached he was staring at the face engraved in the trunk the red leaves vibrant in the snow.

''You came home,'' Bran remarked as arya hugged him ''I saw you at the CrossRoads.'' he told her

''You saw me?''

''I see quite a lot now.'' he told her

''Bran has visions.'' sansa told her

''I thought you might go to Kings Landing'' Bran remarked.

''So did I.' Arya agreed

''Why would you go back there?'' Sansa asked incredulously.

"So she check off her list of names.'' Bran said simply

''Who else is on your list?'' Sansa asked nervously.

"most of them are dead already." Arya admitted Bran pulled the blade free of his cloak. ''Where did you get this?' arya questioned stepping forward, her eyes wide.

''Little finger gave it to me.'' he told them

''little finger? He's here.'' Arya asked incredulously.

''He has declared for House Stark why would he give you a dagger?'' Sansa said stepping forward

''He thought I would want it," Bran told them

"why?'' Sansa countered.

''Because it was meant to kill me.'' he told them

''The cutthroat? After your fall-''

''Why would a cutthroat have a Valyrian steel dagger?'' Arya asked

''Someone very connected wanted me dead." Bran told them.

'he's not a generous man he wouldn't give you anything unless he thought he was getting something back." Sansa warned him

''It doesn't matter,'' Bran told them

''What do you mean it doesn't matter?'

" I don't want it." he held it up to arya

"Are you sure? It's Valyrian steel." Arya reminded him

''It's wasted on a cripple.'' he told her she took it from him and it slipped through his fingers into her hand.

"I hate to bring this up after you gave me such a wonderful welcome home present." Arya began. 

"Amelia." Sansa spat. Bran looked between them his face emotionless. 

"She is a Lannister. She needs to be punished." 

"She has suffered enough." Bran corrected. 

"Don't you know what her family did to us? To Robb and mother! To Father! They took his head!" Arya shouted furiously. 

"I wouldnt be alive if not for Amelia." Bran countered. 

"Her blood runs red with lions blood." Arya reminded him. "Murderers blood!" 

"Arya we both know you are no saint." Bran remarked and Arya stared back at him. How could he know?

"Arya and I are in agreement. She has to go. One way or another." Sansa told him. 

'' But she didnt hurt you. Neither of you.' Bran reminded them.

'Shes a lannister. Lannisters are not to be trusted!'sansa reminded him.

"You won't hurt her." Bran told them. Commanded them. 

"Why are you protecting her? After everything!" Arya shouted. 

"I suppose Sansa left out the part where Amelia saved Rickon's life." Bran remarked and Arya glanced to Sansa. 

"One good deed doesnt make her a good person." Sansa reminded him. 

'Don't make me chose between you and her.' Bran told them

'Why because you would choose her?' Arya spat

'Yes. Because I would choose her. Every single time.' Bran told them.