3. Marry me

'I see them coming, the riders!' Bran announced.

'How?' Catelyn questioned hands rooted on her hips, Bran looked up at her sheepishly. 'You were climbing, you promised me you would not climb anymore.' Catelyn reminded him.

'I wont do it again.' Bran lied looking to his feet. Catelyn took a gentle hand and brought it to his chin.

'You know every time you look down I know you are lying.' Catelyn warned him and he smiled up her and Catelyn let out a sigh, he was lucky he was so cute. 'Go on, line up.'

'Where is arya?' Ned questioned looking back to Jon and Theon stood in the second row. Jon shrugged, But arya came running up with a guards helmet on her head.

'What are you doing?' Ned questioned, "where did you get that?' he pulled the helmet from arya's head and flattened her hair down. 'Go.' He told her pointing down the row of starks as the royal family approached.

Robert heartily hopped down from his horse Ned Stark and his family bowed before him on their knees as Robert approached. Robert motion for Ned to stand, Ned rose as did the rest of his family.

'Your Grace,' Ned said tipping his head to Robert.

'You got fat,' Robert noted but Ned looked down to Roberts stomach both men started laughing before they hugged joyously.

'Cat' He said happily hugging her before fussing with rickon's hair.

'Nine years it has been nine long years, I have not seen you where have you been?' Robert asked

'I've been here guarding the for north for you, your grace.' Ned said obediently. Jon and Theon stood like statues behind the starks.

Robert went down the row of stark children greeting them happily. Cersei cleared her throat waiting to be announced but in all honestly Robert had forgotten she was even there, he didn't care for his wife but Amelia and Marcella was were sweethearts.

'Right, right, Cersei, Joffrey, Amelia, Tommen, Marcella,' he said rushed. "Amelia, come here." Robert declared as she stepped forward.

'It is an honor to have you, your grace.' Catelyn said curtsying before cersei.

"Ned, my eldest Amelia."
"Pleasure to see you again Lord Stark." Amelia said poiletly. She hadn't remembered the last time Ned was at the capital but she thought it better to pretend.

"I want my Amelia for your Robb." Robert declared grabbing Robbs shoulder. Amelia blushed up at him, meanwhile Bran stared down the line at them. Amelia was the prettiest girl in the world, he was sure of that. But she was completely transfixed on Robb.

'Ned,' Robert declared patting his back. 'Take me to the crypts. While these two get accquinted.'

'We've been riding for a full moon don't you think the dead can wait?' Cersei called after them.

'Come on let's go,' Robert said as his eyes drifted around at Amelia clearly smitten over Robb.

'I heard about John Aryn.' Ned said once they were in the crypts.

'One minute he was fine. And then right through him... whatever it was. I liked that man,' Robert remarked.

'We both did ,' ned agreed

'Never had to teach you much,' Robert noted 'but do you remember me at 16? all I wanted to do was crack skulls and fuck girls.'

'I recall.' Ned admitted.

'But you always knew what was what.' Robert reminded Ned and he stared back at Robert a knowing look in his eye. 'Don't look at me like that,' Robert told Ned 'it's not his fault I didn't listen. I need you down in Kings Landing Ned. Not up here where you're no good to anybody,' Robert told him. 'Lord Eddard stark I would name you the hand of the King.' Robert declared. Ned got down to one knee.

'I'm not worthy of the honor.' He told Robert.

'I'm not trying to honor you I'm trying to get you to run my kingdom will I eat drinking whore my way to an early grave,' Robert informed him. 'Come on Ned, stand up,' he said patting his shoulder 'you helped me win the iron throne now let me help me keep the damn thing. We were meant to rule together. If your sister had lived we would've been bound by blood but it's not too late,' Robert told him. 'I have a son you have a daughter we will join our houses.' He said walking off.

"So..." Robb said with a laugh.

"So..." Amelia agreed. He was pleasantly surprised, Amelia bit at her lip nervously as her siblings were brought to rooms.

"Can I show you around?" Robb offered and Amelia smiled up at him nodding. He offered her his arm, Bran stared after them.
"You might have better luck with the younger princess." Theon remarked coming up behind him. Bran snapped around. "Pining after your brothers girl." Theon tsked as Jon came up.

"Oh Bran likes the princess does he?" Jon added.

"I didn't say anything!" Bran shouted at them.

"No, you were just staring at her lovingly because you wanted to tell her about the best trees to climb." Jon agreed.

''I...." Bran began but he didn't have anything to say.

"She's hot. I don't blame you." Theon agreed. "But what the king wants, he gets."
"She could marry me." Bran offered.

"Marrying you wouldn't get her winterfell." Theon reminded him.

"I would love her." Bran told them confidently.