52. Hodor

How You Get The Girl // Jacaerys Velaryon out now!

When they got to the mans house and sat for supper the man started to pray. Everyone folded their hands but as the man spoke thanking each god sandor lost his patience.

'you gonna thank all seven of the fuckers?'

'Father!' arya yelled slapping his arm. The man kept praying...

'and we ask the stranger not to kill us in our bed tonight for no damn reason at all.' Sandor told them as he poured himself a bowl of soup. Amelia's jaw dropped as she grabbed a roll.

'I told you, no manors.' Amelia reminded him. Warm food, Amelia was salivating it was delicious.

'I'm so sorry.' arya said pouring herself some stew as well. 'this is really good.' Arya noted.

'thank you, so very much for having us.' Amelia said taking a sip. A nice hot meal. It was perfect.

'quite welcome.' The man said as he ate.

"this is really wonderful, thank you sally.' Amelia said and the girl smiled at them.

'got any ale?' sandor asked.

'no, sorry I don't have any ale.'

'I'm sorry too.' Sandor grumbled. 'how can a man not keep any ale in his home.' Arya was on her second bowl in no time.

'you look like you really swing a sword. A real warrior with real training. Raiders wouldn't stand a chance against you.' Sandor looked up from his stew. 'you know I could really use a man like you in the coming moon. Help with the farm work. Sally does what she can but she cant lift a bale of hay... and if any thieves came looking for trouble I bet they would take one look at you and run the other way.' Sandor watched the man, pouring himself another bowl of stew. ' I mean you no offense...' he added.

'what will you pay?'

'I cant pay you much, I have a bit of silver hidden from the bandits.. fair waged for fair work? I got room in the barn and I would give ya meals... I could really use the help around here.' The man said still amazed at the size of Sandor.

'Fair wages for fair work' sandor agreed. Arya looked at sandor confused. Sandor looked to Amelia big eyes stared up at him. He gave her a knee a reassuring squeeze before he turned back to his food.

'that's wonderful.' The man said looking to his daughter. They were going to be okay. They were going to survive the winter with this mans help.

Arya slurped down her soup, she was not staying here. Living here. Pretending the hound was her father until she died. Amelia looked over at Sandor still. He pressed a kiss to her temple. 

"It's gonna be alright." He assured softly. Before turning back to his food.

+

Bran lay back. His body in the cave but his mind far away and the three eyed Raven transported him somewhere else in time

He was walking with the three eyed Raven to the tree with the red leaves in the face in the stone in the trunk. The children stabbed a blade deep into a man's chest his eyes changing to the clearest of blues that was the first Walker created.

Then he was at Winterfell again his father and his uncle Benjen they were sword fighting when they were just boys, just children, like the last time he was at winterfell.

'Keep your sword up I'm gonna wring your head again!' Ned told his brother.

'They were so happy.' Bran noted

'So were you, once' the three eyed Raven told him

'Stop showing off-' Benjen called

'Lyanna,' Ned said as lyanna rode circles around them on her white horse.

'That's my aunt Lyanna I've seen her statue in the crypts my father never talked about her.' Bran informed him.

'Would you get out of here,' Benjen told her 'we're sparring!'

'Who are you going to spar with when Ned goes off to the Erie?' Lyanna questioned

'I don't know' Benjen admitted

'What about him?' They were looking right at Bran, his eyes went wide. Could they see him they couldn't see him could they possibly see him. 'Willis!' Lyanna called.

'Come here then!' Ned said and Bran turned around

'Hodor?' he questioned the young but large boy.

'But he's got Giants blood!' Benjen told him

'And you've got training.' Ned informed him 'sounds like a fair match to me'

'I know when he's going to Dodge to M'lady' Hodor... Willis was telling Lyanna.

'Hodor talks.' Bran said amazed

'You leave the fighting to the little lords!' Willis's mother said 'come along now this is no place for you.'

'Look at the size of him!' Ned said 'if you ever learn to fight he would be unstoppable!'

'Well he's never going to learn to fight because he has a stable boy.' his mother informed them 'so leave him be.'

'It is time to go.' The three eyed Raven told Bran

'Please a little longer,' he begged. But the old man grabbed his shoulder bringing him back to the cave.