TF1 | Bumblebee X Human Femme Reader Pt. 1: A Surprise

Pt 1 of @Glam RockCrash's request

Bumblebee is tired of Ratchet's failed attempts to fix his voice box. He hates being unable to talk to anyone, but he can't tell (Y/N) how he feels about her. After (Y/N) talks about buying a house someday, Bee gets an Idea and hopes (Y/N) will like it. 

"I'm trying, Bee, but it's going to take time," Ratchet regrets telling the yellow and black Autobot after the medic tries again to repair Bee's voice box. One of the few parts Ratchet can't easily repair or replace. Bumblebee would always feel disappointed, but now he's getting angry that Ratchet is having a hard time with the repairs. He uses his holoform, leaving his bipedal form in the medbay.

"Bumblebee!" A female calls out. He knows it's (Y/N) and smiles, "come on before all the good food is gone."
Bumblebee forgot the two were going to have breakfast together this morning. Bumblebee takes (Y/N)'s hand, and they go to the cafeteria.

As the two were eating, (Y/N) talked about buying a house close to the base, hoping sooner than later, but it'll be a few months before she can look for a house. This gives Bumblebee an idea. It's a risk, but he's confident (Y/N) will like it.

He gets to Lennox's office before the captain shows up. Bumblebee writes what he wants to ask the captain with the pocket notebook and pen he carries.

"Bumblebee?" Lennox asks, not prepared to be handed a piece of paper. Trying to stay calm as Lennox reads it, "we'll have to talk to Optimus, but I approve this."
Though Lennox worries about how Bumblebee can't talk, he believes Sam will help him.

"You will not tell me why you suddenly want to live like humans, are you?" Sam asks as he helps Bumblebee buy paint and other items for the house Bumblebee ust bought.
Bumblebee shakes his head 'no,' but he's smiling, which has Sam questioning what Bee is up to. Add the colors Bumblebee wants to buy.

After the long afternoon of buying stuff and putting stuff away in the new house, Sam sets up a few things while Bumblebee paints the walls in the living room. Sam still can't believe how the Autobots can shrink in size at will even though they have holoforms.
Sam walks into the living room an hour later, questioning Bumblebee's work. He figured Bee would paint the walls yellow, but couldn't figure out why he wanted a smaller can of red paint until he saw the red hearts and Bee doing his best to write 'I love you' on one of the bigger hearts.
What is he doing? Sam wonders.
It takes Sam a few minutes to realize.
"Bumblebee, do you like (Y/N)?" Sam asks.
Sam had startled bumblebee, who now realizes that Sam has been watching him.
Bumblebee hides his face in his servos.
"I can't take my mind off her. I'm addicted to her, man! It's over for me," Bee says, using the radio.
"You have a shot at getting her," Sam smiles.
Bee fakes a smile. Worried that his plans will backfire.
Sam leaves soon after, and Bumblebee finishes painting. Bumblebee struggles to relax and go into recharge. Resulting in waking up later than usual.

Bumblebee didn't think Sam would text him with an idea. Sam knows Bee is a nervous wreck, but Bee tells him not to come over. He asks (Y/N) if she wants to come over later. After she agrees, Bumblebee heads out, happy he has money to get some things.

"Yellow?" The tailor asks. Bumblebee nods, "sure, I have a yellow tux."
Bumblebee is relieved things are going as planned and that it does not bother the humans that he can't talk.

(Y/N) didn't think that an invitation to see Bee's new house meant he'd ghost her all day. By three, she's had enough and goes to the base.
Happy to see the Autobot leader.
"Optimus, have you seen Bumblebee?"
Before he could reply, the two heard a car horn.
They realize the familiar yellow and black Camaro is in the hangar. Bumblebee's holoform stands by the car. Both doors are open. (Y/N) know Bee is waiting for her to get in the car.

"Where are we going?" She asks.
"To a special place, darling," Bee replies, using the radio.

"Bumblebee, this is someone's house," (Y/N) points out.
"It's my house, or rather ours,"(Y/N) hears through the radio as Bumblebee smiles.
The two look at each other, blushing. (Y/N) couldn't believe Bee said 'ours,' while Bee's heart was racing. Worried (Y/N) is going to be mad, "d-do you like I-it?"
The few seconds of silence are unbearable for Bee.
"I d-do," (Y/N) finally replies.