TF2 Ironhide X Human Femme Reader: Terrible Communication

Request by; @Ravage4

(Y/N) is seriously injured while cleaning tanks herself and on a day that Ratchet locks everyone out of the medbay. Ironhide returns from a mission the next day, enraged at the situation his sparkmate is being put through.

"I have to go on a quick mission," Ironhide tells his sparkmate (Y/N), "hopefully, a quick one, and I'll be back tomorrow."
Ironhide kisses her, gets into his alt mode, and drives out of the hangar. (Y/N) goes to another hangar where two tanks are. She's scheduled to clean them with a guy named  Reynolds. She does not know who he is.
I have no time to wait for him.

(Y/N) heads to the supply room that's down the hall.
"Get out of my medbay!" She hears Ratchet, "the medbay is closed for the day!"
Is that wise, Ratchet? (Y/N) questions, even though only Ironhide is out on a mission. 

Though she took ten minutes, Reynolds still is a no-show.
My day is full now, thanks to this scumbag not showing up.
While (Y/N) climbs to clean the windows, she slips and falls, hitting her shoulder and arm halfway down the vehicle's hood, and lands hard on her side on the concrete floor.
(Y/N) screams in pain, but she knows no one is around. No one comes down this hallway unless they need to prepare a tank for transport.
She lies on the floor for a while to catch her breath and rest. Finally, she gets up and notices her shoulder is dislocated and her arm is broken.

She slowly walks to the medbay to find the door still locked.
I didn't think Ratchet would go as far as locking the doors. He'll be pissed to listen to me.
(Y/N) struggles to ignore the pain while walking to her room.

(Y/N) struggles to take a shower, realizing she has a dislocated shoulder, a broken arm, and bruising on half her body. Taking painkillers and finding a comfortable position to sleep is challenging.

Ironhide returns the next morning, seeing (Y/N) sitting on the bed, thinking he had perfect timing. (Y/N) stands up, intending to hug Ironhide, but she's in a lot of pain and has to back away from his hug.
"What's wrong?" Ironhide asks. Ironhide couldn't believe what had happened to his sparkmate, "show me your injuries!"
(Y/N) is afraid to know that Ironhide is angry.
Ironhide sees (Y/N) struggling to lift her shirt up, and tears roll down her face. He sees a lot of bruising and suspects serious injury with both of (Y/N) 's arms. He then finds out why she didn't go to the medbay, knowing (Y/N) wouldn't pretend she's not seriously injured. She cries as she tells him what happened, including why she couldn't see Ratchet. Ironhide carefully lays (Y/N) on the bed and rushes down to the medbay.

"How stupid can you be?!" Ironhide rages
"What the frag is wrong with you?! Barging into my office!"
"Me?! You fragging locked every Autobot and human out of the medbay yesterday! (Y/N) is seriously injured!"
Jolt hears everything. The two medics couldn't believe what Ironhide is telling them. Jolt regrets not arguing with Ratchet to leave, and he'll run the medbay.

That's exactly what Optimus tells Ratchet when he and Lennox run into Ratchet's office and hear the situation. Optimus tells Jolt to go with Ironhide with a wheelchair to get (Y/N). Aware she must be in a lot of pain.

Epps and Lennox see Jolt bringing (Y/N) to the medbay, worried, and follows them.

Ratchet wouldn't believe how much pain (Y/N) is in or the injuries he made her deal with.
Once she's given pain relief, Lennox asks her what happened.
"Epps, please go get Reynolds," Lennox asks Epps, trying not to take his anger out on him.

"Reynolds, you need to come with me," Epps orders the soldier seated at a table in the cafeteria with others.
Reynolds follows Epps, expecting to be led to Lennox's office. Becoming worried as the two walk past the offices and towards the medbay. There have been no fights among soldiers, so he can't assume he's being accused of injuring a soldier in a fight.

Yet he's taken to a room in the medbay where he sees (Y/N) laying on the bed, with the head raised up 90°. What worries him is how one arm is in a sling but not in a cast, while the other is straight and in a cast.
Before he can talk to (Y/N), Reynolds is questioned by Lennox.
"What didn't you help (Y/N) clean the tanks yesterday?!"
"Sir, I was assigned to take part in a scouting mission with Bumblebees, the terror twins, and a few soldiers," Reynolds explains, worried he'll be accused of lying.
"He's right; I have the schedule right here," Epps confirms, showing Lennox his phone.
The two men also see the error that led (Y/N) to think Reynolds would work with her.
"It's also my fault," Reynolds argues, "I assumed (Y/N) would be fine without me when I should have pointed out the scheduling error. I Will take over her duties while she recovers."
"You can't do her duties and yours," Epps points out, "but I can until (Y/N) is cleared for duty."
"That's at least six weeks," Ratchet points out, "you sure about that?"
"Yes," Epps insists.
With (Y/N) and Ironhide agreeing, Lennox approves Epps' temporary reassignment.
The two men leave, and Ratchet apologizes to Ironhide and (Y/N) for locking her out of the medbay yesterday. Ironhide is ready to continue scolding Ratchet, not pleased that (Y/N) forgives him.
"Everyone has bad days, Ratchet," she tells him though she questioned Ratchet's decision yesterday.
After Ratchet explains he wants to keep (Y/N) in the medbay for the day, Ironhide leaves to get breakfast for him and (Y/N).

By late afternoon, Ironhide is approved for a week off to help (Y/N). Ratchet lets Ironhide take (Y/N) back to their room. The two lay on the bed.
"Why'd you yell at Ratchet like you did?" (Y/N) asks.
"Back on Cybertron, during the war, Ratchet had a stubborn attitude that almost cost him a bot's life because of his childish behavior. He didn't want Ratchet to get in the habit of doing that again when it could cost an Autobot or human soldier their life.
(Y/N) sighs, understanding Ironhide's anger.
Though (Y/N) is taking strong pain relief, she struggles to get comfortable to sleep. Ironhide suggests using his chest as a pillow.
She knows hearing his heartbeat that mimics his sparkbeat always relaxes her. Ironhide smiles at how quickly (Y/N) fell asleep before going to sleep.