Oh God, Eli.

She just left him without a word and probably would never get to see him again. Did he win his fight? Did he leave the mat with bright happy eyes, a trophy in hand as he searched for her only to slowly morph into confusion when she wasn't there? Was he quiet in the car ride home, staring blankly out of the window as he tried to wonder why she left?

Or did he accept it? Or-?

The liquid poured down her throat smoothly - too smoothly - and Jade sighed. "Well, looks like we made it somehow." The glass clanked on the table and was replaced by a beer, her hand molding around the bottle naturally to nurse it.

"Yeah, somehow." Rico snorted, his own beer in his hands as he stared at nothing in particular. "We'll be done in a few days."

"Yeah." Jade mumbled over the mouth of the bottle, Silvers threat ringing through her ears. She still needed to figure that shit out. "Where's the sperm donator?"

"In the office with his chick." Diego's head jerked over to the room and Jade followed, looking at the tinted windows with a sneer on her face. Both boys snorted. "He's waiting for the shit."

Jade took another sip of the beer, missing her cheap shit from home, before snatching the Manila envelope from inside her jacket and placing it on the table. "Documents are in here."

"Sorry, Jade, but he asked for you."

"...Figured." Jade sighed.

A woman left the office and the smile left her face as soon as the door closed, shaking herself off before walking past the three cousins without a glance. Jade knew that walk all too well, gracing the woman with the same treatment out of respect. Eventually a man went in to the office and quickly left it, heading over to their table with the order all over his face.

"Ah, fuck." Jade hissed out with a sigh, already knowing it was time to see her dad. Just as the man got to their table, she downed the rest of her beer and poured herself a shot of tequila, no longer hesitating to consume the alcohol. Her cousins sent Mexican well wishes and Jade could only smirked bitterly as she left with the folder in hand.

His office was not his office, Jade already knew this. The business was technically ran by someone shorter than him with a son and daughter judging by the photos decorating the office. Her father sat behind the man's desk though as if it was his desk, looking out of the window to the outside world.

"Bueno, te llevó mucho tiempo."

Even though her heart rate was similar to when she fought, Jade remained cool as she shrugged and stepped further into the room, the door closing being her echo king in her ears. "Sabía que no quería estar ahí."

Her father snorted and turned his attention to his daughter with a lazy smirk, a feature Jade wished she didn't recognize from pictures of herself. "Ah, Graciela. Igual a tu papá."

"Sí, porque eso es lo que quiero oír." Jade mutter sarcastically, the name causing her to flinch as she sat in the leather chair across from her dad. Her hands hid in her jacket pockets and her legs spread in a way to melt into the leather, to appear smaller.

"We've been away for so long and this is how you treat your papa? Americans." The accented English sent shivers down her spine, but she only rolled her in response, not wanting him to see what kind of effect he had on her. Her dad clicked his tongue and the teasing left this face as he stared over her posture disapprovingly. "Y siéntate derecho en la silla."

The tone alone had Jade snapping up, a fear rolling down her spine from years past where those knuckles that were clean on the desk in between them were not so clean. Her back straightened and her hands left her pockets, the only semblance of rebellion being the way her jaw clenched.

"You've denounced my name, your moms name, your culture. I'll treat you like an American if that's what you want to be, hija." It was spat out and no longer was Jade relieved to hear English, instead the familiar heavy-accented voice sent tremors through her body that had her dad standing with a satisfied smirk. "Muy bien. Do you have it?"

Jade robotically handed over the folder, not even looking up at the man as he snatched it away and immediately ruffled through it. He laughed lowly at the papers, throwing them on the desk when he was done and took a step into Jade's space.

As if he held affection for her, her father patted her head and Jade had to freeze herself to stop from flinching away. "Good job, hija. Guess your not as worthless as the rest of the women in your family."

She grit her teeth and bore it. He had no idea what she had done in life nor did he care. He had his stupid fucking documents that granted him entry into the states once again, but he wasn't going to California. He was going east and she'd never see him again. Hopefully.

"There's a festival today in the city. You will come to my home for dinner as my daughter, understood?"

Jade nodded her head yes, hoping Miguel was having a better time with his shitty father than she was with hers. Her dad gave her one last pat on the head before returning to the big leather chair and waving her off without any further words.

She took the exit.

And the shot of tequila waiting for her went down her throat bitterly.

"Mezcal." Jade said to her cousins softly, both of them quiet as the bartender brought over a glass of the clear liquid and some orange slices. "I fuckin' hate it here."

"You hate Mezcal."

"Yeah. Yeah I do."