All the Small Things

~Your ride, best trip
Always, I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting~

It wasn't long for the group to start to include Jade in their walks to class, meetings before school, and after school conversations. Even though she was brash and was offensive as a standard, they boys had learned that it was her love language.

Kind of.

Eli couldn't help but feel his heartbeat quicken and his face redden at every smirk, shoulder bump, and pet name thrown his way. Jade was becoming a face that he thought about frequently.

"So, I was thinking about the next season of Game of Thrones, right?" Demetri started as Jade walked out of the classroom. The boy had class right next to hers and a few days ago had started patiently waiting for her to get out so they could walk to lunch together. "Tommen was actually a really good king. The man should have killed Cersei, and Tommen and Margaery could have ruled Westeros peacefully."

"Yeah, but then there'd be no awesome battles or hot sex scenes." They turned to the corner to see Eli and Miguel waiting outside the cafeteria. "What would you rather have; peace or sex?"

Demetri was used to her comments, but that didn't stop the red filling his cheeks at the obscene question. He chose to greet his friends as a distraction.

Jade followed her friends as they got their lunch trays filled up with delicious shitty school food only for Kyler to make a huge scene.

He always was a drama queen.

To the girls ultimate delight, Miguel spoke up and took on the dumb kid in a pretty badass fight. Jade walked until she was next to Eli and nodded over to the fight.

"That's pretty hot."

Eli felt warm when Jade walked over and stood next to him. The spikes on her jacket rubbed up against his arm and he could help but enjoy being close to the danger. But the comment about the fight made Eli a little green.

Jade could see through the boys fidgeting that the words had done their damaged and smirked. The girl was 5'3'' in height and her shoes added two inches, but that still wasn't enough to beat the 5'8'' shy boy.

If only he carried his confidence in his height.

Jade leaned up into Eli's ear and whispered.

"That could be you, chiqui." Noticing the shiver physically run down Eli's spine.

Jade grinned and pulled away.

"But you're just too sweet, mi chiquito." With a small laugh, Jade walked away to go join Demetri at the lunch table. Demetri was giving the girl a dirty look.

"Stop harassing, Eli! He's not made for that much female attention." Jade scoffed.

"I don't know what you mean, Tigre. I was just talkin' to the kid." Demetri let out his own scoff of air at the audacity. Before he could reply, Eli had made his way to the table. His face was red.

"Aye, señor rojo. Everything okay?" Jade snickered as she took a bite from her ham and cheese sandwich. Miguel had been taken to counselor Blatts office and would most likely not be joining the three for lunch. Her eyes flickered over to Kyler and the other kids who attacked Miguel.

She'd deal with them later.

......

It was later.

"You know, mamón. It's not always love when butterflies are in your stomach."