Sound of Madness

~I created the sound of madness
Wrote the book on pain
Somehow I'm still here to explain
that the darkest hour never comes in the night~

"Hey, Jay?" Tory started out, hesitantly. The two were at the apartment, waiting for Robby to get back so they could meet up with Kyler at the dojo. Jade paused at the emotion in her ....friend?...'s voice. She couldn't place it properly.

"Yeah?" Jade looked at the nervous girl from her spot on the bean bag chair. Tory sat up from her laying position and messed with her hands.

It was quiet, Tory obviously wanting to say something, but unable to get it through her lips. Every time the teen went to say it out loud, a lump caught in her throat.

"What?" Jade asked, probably harsher than necessary. "What do you want?" The teen was still quiet, which irritated Jade. "What-"

"I need to go back to school." Tory blurted out rapidly.  Jade blinked in surprised causing the brunette to groan. "I-I just... the school won't let me go unless the LaRusso's are okay with it..." And Jade felt Tory's panic and understood.

"You think she won't let you?" Tory didn't answer immediately, but instead told her the events surrounding Amanda LaRusso and Sam. There was a moment before Jade looked Tory in the eyes seriously.

"Tory. Look at me." The upset brunette did so. "I will be there every fucking step you need, understand? That rich bitch can't do anything to you and if she does..." Jade made a show with her knife and smirked. "That dick isn't the only one who'll have a haircut."

Tory chuckled, relaxing a little at Jade's eccentric nature. "I-I find out tomorrow if I get to go back."

"Come over and let me know, ok?"

Tory nodded and a comfortable silence laid over them like a soft blanket. The air filled with white noise of a low humming fan, talking from down the hall, and the occasional zoom of a car.

That all happened last week and Jade wasn't surprised that Sam allowed Tory back into school. Amanda and Daniel LaRusso were such goody two-shoes, but Sam... she was going through a teenage crisis.

And her suspicions were correct. Sam wanted to emotionally bully Tory.

"I will kick your ass for a third time."

"And I'm excited to kick yours for the first," Commented Jade, coming up behind the prissy girl. Sam spun around and eyed the punk who stood with her arms crossed. The punk raised an eyebrow. "What, not so big now that there's two?"

"Two what? Two manipulative bitches who think they can get what they want?" Sneered Sam.

"Ooooooh, that's rich." Chuckled Jade cynically as she walked towards the girl. "If I recall correctly, you're the rich girl who gets what she wants." Sam looked up at the girl, holding her ground. Jade stared and then nodded with a smirk. "I'm impressed, princesa. You've grown a backbone."

"I always had one." Sam snapped. Jade chuckled. Sam gritted her teeth in frustration at the patronizing punk. "Listen, just because you both had a messed up past-"

"I don't really care, but look." Jade looked around and noticed a familiar teacher coming down the hallway and smirked. "You fuck with her, you fuck with me. My past is shitty, my present is shitty, my future? Also shitty."

Jade took another step forward, Sam taking a small step back. "I don't give a fuck what happens to me. I bloom everywhere, sweetheart." Her voice dropped down to a whisper, enjoying the small drops of nervousness that Sam's body shared.