Kick Out the Jams

~You gotta have it, baby~
~You can't do without~
~When you get the feeling~
~You gotta sock 'em out~

"Mi conejita, it's that time again?"

"Let's just get this over with..."

"Tsk, tsk. I guess we'll have to learn some manners..."

.......

"Oi, tigre. You missed a spot!"

"Jade, stop antagonizing Demetri and continue meditating!" 

"Aye aye, lo siento Senior LaRusso. Just trying to help my friend." Demetri looked at the smirking Jade with narrowed eyes before turning around and continuing his chore. Jade was having way too much fun watching someone else get tortured. 

Jade dropped her smirk and frowned.

She was still being tortured though.

If it wasn't clear already, Jade hated silence and rules. Miyagi-Do was all about following the rules and embracing silence

Daniel could see very clearly that the girl had the fighting flame in her. She picked up quickly on the physical portion, but she was unstable in a spar. 

Jade was violent, crude, and obscene. Everything that frustrated Danny.

But Daniel was smart and patient. He had noticed the remarks only came when there was a long silence or Jade was feeling insecure. Her snark came from being mentally on guard all the time.

So, he had her sitting down and meditating. Her goal was to be still and quiet.

For five minutes.

A feat she still hadn't achieved after being given the assignment yesterday.

Robby decided to have some mercy and sat down in front of the punk, copying the crossed legs stance. Jade smirked.

"Oooo, I don't mind this view."

"Jade, I want you to close your eyes and listen to my voice."

"Aye, papi. You're going to be in my dreams tonight if you keep talking dirty to me."

"Jade..."

"Okay okay, I'm closing my eyes!" Jade closed her eyes, already hating the darkness and the heightened senses that made up for her loss of vision. "Now what?"

"Imagine... imagine you're getting ready for a concert, you have your guitar strapped on and pick in your hand. The announcer is about to call the band on stage." Jade grinned a little, feeling the excitement in her stomach that she was so familiar with. No matter how many shows they played, there was something special about getting on that stage. "Now think about how you feel when you play that first chord and let that first note fall out of your mouth."

She felt awesome. It was a feeling that gave her goosebumps and was like crack to an addict. It made her feel badass, it made her feel big, it made her feel...

Calm.

Jade's shoulders relaxed and Robby smiled, enjoying the way her wrinkles left her face and how she looked... 

She looked like a teenager. 

For the first time since he met the teen, Jade looked like a normal 16 year old girl with crazy hair and a loud fashion sense. 

Robby wanted her to look like that more often.

Jade continued to play the show in her head, enjoying the rushing waves of calm that replaced the normal boiling blood in her veins. The mint haired girl took the deepest breath she had ever taken before letting it out in relief.