Killing Ourselves to Live

Here we are
Killing ourselves to live

*

Jade was just so fucking tired of the fighting and drama and heartbreak. As she stared at an angry Samantha LaRusso, who was saying something that belonged on a Netflix show, her eyes drifted off to Daniel LaRusso.

And she frowned.

As she got into a stance in front of the fired up teen, Jade was reminded of a lot of things.

Silver's blackmail and request.

Eli's bet and Moon.

Diego and Rico waiting.

The band and signing onto a record label.

Jade clenched her fist and steeled her eyes, as she made Sam into the personification of all of her problems. Because that was the only way she could fight.

The punk easily got the first point onto Sam who growled in frustration. Jade really didn't listen to whatever the girl was saying and instead was distracted by a worried Eli. Funny, considering he had just won his fight with Kyler. That only meant one thing.

In her distraction, Sam was able to get a punch right at Jade's nose causing the girl to hiss and grab her nose. Sam smirked at her victory.

A whistle was sounded and a warning given to LaRusso for a head shot. But the damage was already done as Jade pulled her hand away to see blood on her hand. The girl turned away and started walking to her sensei who quickly called a time out.

"I don't want to do this anymore, viejo." Jade admitted quietly, accepting the tissue from Kreese. "Please don't make me go back out there."

Not a lot of things shocked Kreese after the life he lived and the things that did, well. He never let it show.

"I didn't take you as a quitter, Ms. Lester." Kreese commented lightly, but the meaning was there. His eyes stung through the teen.

Jade sighed in frustration, running her free hand through her hair. "I-I need like 10 nicotine patches to get through this shit-fest."

"Joh-Jade. You get out there and you fight, understand?" Kreese spoke seriously, his eyes never wavering as he handed a clean tissue over. The time out was almost over.

And the two stayed quiet for a second as Jade understood the meaning of his sentence and eventually she nodded. Broken nose be damned, she would fight.

The punk grabbed another tissue and shoved some into both nostrils. She winced at the cracking noises from her definitely broken nose before turning around and heading back to the arena, announced as ready to fight.

"I like the new addition to your face jewelry." Sam sneered getting into stance. "Distracts from the bitch."

"You ever get tired of fighting?" Jade asked quietly, staring at the girl who faltered, not expecting the question. "Because I am. You were a great friend, Sam. I'm sorry I lost you."

And the honesty and true remorse threw off Samantha LaRusso so much that Jade got a quick point in, but the anger was gone.