Freak Like ME

~Covered in black, we lack the social graces~
~Just like an animal, we crawl out of our cages~
~They can't tame us~
~So if you're one of us, get on the bus~

When Johnny Lawrence saw that there was a rock bit after their show, he made the kids stay. It was mandatory that they listen to some good music. So the teens, including Hawk, stayed for the show.

When Jade walked out on stage, she enjoyed the energy that the crowd already threw at them. If there was one good thing, the asshole did hype up the show.

Another thing she taught him.

"Ladies and creeps of LA! My name is Jade, and I'll be your tour guide...." Jade's hooded eyes gaze over the crowd enjoying the yells of excitement. It was smaller than the underground, but a show is a show. "This song is dedicated to a very special person...." Her eyes locked with Hawk's for moment and smirked. "This special hombre placed at the All-Valley Karate Championship..."

"The talented, Robby Keene! Let's give the kid around of applause." Hawk felt angry at the attention that Miyagi-Do was now getting as Robby sheepishly waved his hands at the crowd.

"Now, put your eyes back on me. If you ever felt dirty... used.... tired, like you don't belong in the skin that's wrapped around your bones..." Green eyes crashed into blue. "If everyone looks at you like you're a freak!" The crowd roared at the words, Rum and Blake accenting her words with music. 

Hawk watched as the band played the crowd as he so often did before. This time, he was able to see the friends play from a new angle and he hated that he was enjoying it. Everyone was enjoying it. Sensei Lawrence was grinning with a beer in his hands as his hand pumped into the sky.

"It's uh a little loud!" Demetri was probably the only one no enthused about the situation.

Every time she made eye contact with Hawk, he felt his throat catch.

"I wanna hear you scream if you're freak like me!"

She was such a petty bitch that made Hawk want to wrap his hands around her throat and-

Hawk shook his head, trying to get the image out of his head. That was not him. That was all the teasing and flirting he had endured poisoning his head.

When Jade finished her song, Rum threw his stick in the air and caught it on beat. The crowd went wild and cheered them on.

"Thank you, freaks! We'll see you all in hell!" 

.....

"Thanks for the shout out, I guess." Jade looked up from her guitar case at the familiar figure of Robby.

"Sorry about that, I hope it wasn't to cringe. I just felt so pissed off when they pulled that shit." Robby shook his head and dismissed her.

"No, it was... cool. I appreciate it." Robby walked over to the girl and stood on the other side of the cases. "Guess you really are a big fan." Jade returned the smirk and buckled her case, before standing up.

"Told you, guapo. I got your posters above my bed. They protect my dreams." 

"Maybe I could get your number? You could come to the dojo and I could teach you how to protect yourself?" Jade thought about it. At first, it was just helpless flirting with a rather attractive guy to get under Hawk's skins. But something about the guy was familiar.