Time Bomb

~If you wanna make the move then you better come in~

~It's just the ability to reason that wears so thin~

~Living and dying and the stories that are true~

~The secrets to a good life is knowing when you're through~

Sometimes the fan in Jade's apartment provided riveting entertainment. The constant spinning motion could keep the girl occupied for hours, sober or not sober, as she listened to the loud creaks that filled the room and her eyes watched carefully for any slight changes in movement.

Today was not one of those days.

Instead, Jade found herself in a grumble realizing she had to go back to school tomorrow. Her attendance was slotted for three days ago, but the punk decided to take some "mental health" days for her own benefit. Now her absences were because she wanted to be and Jade enjoyed the little control she had.

Jade sat on the floor at her coffee table, an unlit cigarette hanging from her lips as she painted her fingers with a dark blue. Jade wondered how quickly things changed in such little time.

No one from Miyagi-Do made any move to contact her. Despite having her address and Blake's phone number, no one tried to even say hi to the poor girl. 

She wasn't surprised. In fact, she was more angry than sad. There was a reason why Jade didn't get close to people and this whole fiasco moved to the number one reason on why Jade Lester trusted no one. Not even her own parents were to be trusted, so why would anyone else deserve such a luxury?

No. Jade was now fully convinced that there was no such thing as a good person. Just shitty people mascaraing as good people. 

Jade looked at the home manicure and inspect the edges, thinking about a certain lanky teen and felt a fire burn in her chest as she grit her teeth.

Demitri.

One of the worst betrayals. He was so loyal to that peacock piece of shit even after all that terrible bullying the brat put him through. Yet, she did so much and... nothing.

Nothing.

Jade took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She held the breath in her lungs for as long as she good, enjoying the feeling of not breathing. She focused on clearing her head of everything and imagined herself at a certain pond, listening to the water softly murmuring it's secrets to the young girl in a language she could never translate. The occasional rustle of grass from the wind brushing near her and the chirps of local animals coming to enjoy the silence. 

After a while, Jade felt her chest tighten from lack of oxygen as her lungs pleaded for a new supply. The punk allowed herself to feel the burn for a while before allowing the fresh breathe to enter her nostrils and opened her eyes. Her next thought was out loud as she enjoyed the control she had over her emotions.

"I'm coming for you."

......

Jade stepped into the Cobra Kai dojo with a loud jingle and took a glance around the slightly-more put together dojo. Her eyes flickered over to the old man coming out from his office and watched as a knowing smirk filled his face. Jade scoffed and crossed her arms, hating the feeling of the cast on her arm.

"Yeah, whatever, viejo. Wanna say some weird creepy line like 'I knew you'd come' or some shit like that?" Kreese chuckled, shaking his head.

"No, of course not. I'm just happy you're here." Jade blinked and her lip curled up in disbelief.