My War

*~My war, you're one of them~*

*~You say that you're my friend~*

*~But you're one of them~*

Ham and cheese.

The best lunch a poor, emancipated girl could ask for. Jade thought back to when Demetri asked about why her parents only packed her ham and cheese and wished she would have said the real reason. The panic, blubbering mess would have been worth it.

Jade was chuckling as she wrote in her journal, sitting in the cafeteria. It was raining outside so her smoke break would have to wait until she could sneak into the showers later. So she sat there in her old spot, enjoying what it was like before she knew about karate and all the other bullshit. She frowned at the presence coming beside her. Ugh, she did not need another Miguel.

"No, you can't sit here-"

"Fuck off, Jay."

Jade looked up at the familiar voice of a red head as Hawk sat down beside the girl. The blue head closed her journal with a sigh and looked at the invasive specie.

"What are you doing?" 

"Look, if you're going to be in Cobra Kai, you should sit with us too." It was almost a grumble, as if he was a toddler and his mom made him invite the loser little brother to join him and his friend's game. "Sit with us." Jade thought about it.

Turning it down would be funny, but expected. Accepting it would force him to accept her publicly as a part of the group... but she'd have to exist with people... 

Through her inner monologue she couldn't help but feel a little deja vu.

With a shrug, Jade scooted her chair back and collected her things.

"Lead the way, pendejo." Hawk sighed as he stood up and led the girl to the table. His sight narrowed in on a particular set of nerds and smirked. For a second he forgot who was with him as he nudged her shoulder.

"Hey, watch this." Jade watched curiously as the redhead made a small detour towards a familiar set of nerds and frowned. Should she do something or... or did they deserve this? With battling emotions, Jade settled for no reaction as Hawk tripped Demetri. She didn't join in on the snickering as Hawk returned to guide her to the table. But she didn't go to defend or help him when their eyes made contact.

And the only thought Jade had when she saw the betrayal past through Miyagi-Do's face was good. You will only feel a quarter of what you have done to me.

......

For the rest of the week Jade found herself relaxing and rather enjoying the company of the Cobras. Although, Kreese still hadn't managed to rope the girl into that ugly white pajama set...

Jade and Tory got along quickly. They bonded over shared sufferings of parent trauma and growing up too quick. They frequently stood next to each other, proud and strong, whispering to each other jokes and comments. They had a friendly banter of insults.

Hawk was... another situation. It almost felt like the two were back to the same as when they were first hanging out... but then one would say something snarky and the two would end up insulting each other which would lead to violence... which would lead to making out.

Which would lead to bruises in many different places when they were alone.

The other's were fine. She enjoyed the dark humor that many of the others had but Kreese was right.