Part 31

Shaam's POV

I was really hurt by her that day, so I left without informing her and conveyed my arrival in Mumbai to her through Neelu. I clearly said her I know what I'm doing and she said it was a mistake, so let it be. I didn't initiate any calls or texts to her and from Mom, I know about her updates. After marriage, I think this is the longest gap without contacting each other and I waited for her to approach and solve the issue, but she being Sanjana did nothing. I was infuriated with her thoughts and started being angry and rude to everyone for simple reasons. Due to this behavior, Sam called and warned me which again pissed me off. I got a call from Mom, when I came out of Sam's office after getting enough of his taunts and warnings, as she called at an odd time I picked up the call. 

Wow! this is the least expected thing and this provoked me further and I couldn't control anything. My mom yelled at me for hiding the miscarriage matter. Why the hell did she tell them about this? Mom shouted at me and warned her to never call her. I tried calling her again and again but the line came busy, I don't know to whom she is talking. With a lot of rages, I called her and exploded on her. I don't what all left my mouth and what blame I bestowed on her, as usual, she heard everything without saying anything. Finally, when I gave her a break and was about to ask about the situation she asked "Done?" I didn't say anything, I expected that she is going to explain her situation but she said "Thanks!" and disconnected the call. 

This is not what I expected, she is disappointing me every time with new approaches every time.  Whenever I called mom she disconnected the call. I called papa to explain the situation, he also scolded me pointing out my irresponsibility. He even scolded me for not informing any family and pointed out the importance of discussing health problems with the family. After some scoldings and pacifying talks he was about to disconnect the call when heard someone talking in Malayalam so I asked him where are they. Then only he told me that they are in Kerala and disconnected saying he will call me later. Now they left me confused about why they went there without informing me. Is it because they came to know about this and went to confront her, if so then she is worst state than me. I called Neelu to know the reason for their sudden visit and what she told me left me with another guilt. But still, I know what she did is not correct. At first, I thought of going but my stubborn brain told me to act the opposite.

It's been 2 weeks since that incident, and neither mom called me nor responded to my calls. Sometimes I feel like calling her but didn't do it. Earlier mom will update everything about her, no I don't even have any idea about her. One day I called dad and asked about his well-being and mostly I wanted to know about mom. He said everything is fine and Sanjana is there and recovered very well. He told me to spend some time with her as it is something that she needed now. "We can do everything in place of her parents, but we cannot replace your place in her life. So better do your part well and behave well." This is a new thing, I didn't know she was at our home, but it slightly made me happy that she is there and recovered well. It moved my half guilt, my parents are taking care of her in her parent's absence. It made me proud of myself and my family.  Soon after disconnecting dad's call, Mom called me, it gave me more happiness, and regretted not calling dad earlier. If I would have called and talked earlier issue with mom also would have been sorted. 

I attended the call and instead of hello I said "Sorry mom, I love you more than anything. I didn't want to make you sad about what happened that's why I hide it from you. Mom I'm really sorry and I can't tolerate your negligence more." Her reply made my day "I'm forgiving you this time as you give me double happiness." I don't know what happiness she talked about but the word forgave made my day. But it gave me relief that I can know about Sanju also, mom disconnected after saying this. From that day mom's call came as routine and she will say about Sanju also. From her, I came to know that Sanju took leave for some time and now staying at home as her parents are not here. I am confused why a fever made her health so bad. It was the second time she got a fever, mom says every day that she is fine and doing well. Some days her statement leaves me much confused because she said that Sanju is not able to sleep properly at night so wakes up so late. The girl who immediately sleeps once her body hit the bed is not able to sleep now, Maybe she is watching some drama or reading a book and saying excuses to sleep more.