Part 21

Shaam's POV

I took her to the jewelry shop to buy the chain and selected one which is almost the same thickness she is using and asked her to remove her chain and took the Nuptial pendant and asked the shopkeeper to attach it to the chain. After paying the bill we went to the parking directly as I got a call from them. Shubhangi asked her what we did there to which I clearly denied saying what we did. We had lunch and departed to our room I told her that she don't have to wear the heavy chain she nodded her head and came forward to take it from me. But I turned her around and tied in her neck and she said thanks. "Is this the way to respond? Is she acting weird or is she really weird?"

The next day early morning I and Shivam dropped Shubha and Mahesh at the airport and after their departure, our house became totally silent. The next few days went by without any events and we will be going back to Kerala tomorrow from there I will be back to Mumbai. When I was heading to my room I saw Sanju going with a bag to my parent's room so out of curiosity I followed her and found that she gave all her jewelry to my Mom as its not my area of interest I headed back to my room and started packing. She came back and I asked he whether she did with her packing she nodded and went to bed. After completing my packing I also joined her in the bed.

Me:  Why are you always nodding when I'm asking something?

Sanjana I don't know what else to do, and I habited to nod my head instead of saying Okay.

Me: As I said earlier keep me updated about you, I may not respond always to calls or texts but definitely get back to you when I'm free. If you want anything ask me instead of asking your parents, always come to me first for your needs.

Sanjana: Okay.

Me: Are you happy with this marriage and life with me? 

She didn't reply anything to this and pretended to be asleep. This leads me to further thoughts like, her willingness in this marriage, is she forced into this? Is it her normal way of behaving? How can someone stay this quiet and act normal even after the things that I did to her? Now I am much curious to know more about her. When will I get to know more about her, when will start our life? All these questions made me mad. I just hold her hands in mine to check her reaction, and to my surprise, she didn't respond so I didn't release my hold until I slept. I heard the alarm tone but didn't open my eyes as I felt her hand still under my hold. She woke and removed my hold on her hand and I opened my eyes and greeted her morning, she replied and went to the restroom. We bid bye to everyone and left for the airport, my parents dropped us and we boarded our flight.

After some time she went to sleep mode, always sleeping or reading, not even trying to interact with me or anyone. She is always in her own world, which is limited to her only. I dropped Sam a text informing him about my rejoining after 2 days and listened to some Malayalam songs for a change. We landed in Trivandrum, but to my surprise, no one was there to receive us. She told me to wait for some time as she need to use the washroom. I stayed there and thought of booking a taxi. I blamed myself for not asking her about this earlier and made some arrangements for travel. She came after some time and asked for my confirmation to go out and I nodded. We took the luggage and I followed her, she went to the parking section.

Oh! someone came to pick us up, then why she didn't say it earlier? But she went directly to the car which is parked there and it got unlocked when we reached the car. She opened the trunk and dumped her bags and asked me to put mine and I did. I asked her who came to pick us up, as I didn't see anyone.

Sanju: Actually a friend of mine from my native had a morning flight today, so I asked him to take Papa's car and come. He did so and left the key at the counter. So that we can go back without disturbing anyone.

Me: Oh!

Sanju: Hope you know that we have to travel 100 km to reach my home. If you want you can take a rest before starting.

Me: No it is fine, we can start. But you should have told me earlier.

Sanju: Sorry! You didn't ask anything about this, so missed it.

Me: Okay, give me the key.

She told that we can stop on the way and will have breakfast and resume the journey. We started our journey, she gave me the directions. It was the first time I'm driving in Kerala, where traffic is less compared to Delhi & Mumbai and as the road was clear I exceeded the speed limit. She told me to drive within the speed limit, as there is camera surveillance. We had our breakfast on the way, and she directed me to a Dhabha-style restaurant where I got some North Indian food. From her direction, it is clear that she is familiar t this place. Later she showed me the office which is near the restaurant we went to. In between, she informed her parents and my parents that we reached and is on the way to home. 

We started after having food and reached home, where her family welcomed us. she directly went to her dog first and gave some chocolates to the dog.  So she knows to show affection, but only to kids and dogs that is what I know about her. We kept things in her room, and she directly went to the garden and checked all her plants. Her Papa and Mom asked about the travel and all. Anju and her kids were also there, she asked me how I tolerated her these days, to which I gave a smile. We had lunch and post lunch her father took us to some of the relative's homes.

We returned back after having dinner and went to sleep. She came to my room and asked me whether I liked the place, I got surprised by her question as its the first time she is taking the initiative to talk. I just nodded she smiled and went to the bed. After taking a bath, I too went to bed, by that time she already slept. She has many books in her room and has a lot of pencils from different companies arranged there. Maybe she is obsessed with pencils. I too drifted to sleep soon.