Part 3

Shaam's POV

What happened in my life is not less than a movie. I feel angrier when I think about my life. I was in relation with a girl while doing my Post Graduation. I always like to keep my profile low as much as I can. Anu, my Exgirlfriend didn't know much about my family background. We were planning to inform our parents about our relationship, once I get a job. My family was well aware that I was having a relationship with a girl because of my sister Shubhangi. Even though they didn't know about the details of Anu, they knew that I was in a relationship.  I was preparing for the Civil Servies exam along with my post-graduation. My only friend Sam knows about this, as he is also preparing for the same. We both cleared our, Prelims, Main, and Interview and were waiting for the training after completing our Post graduation. 

As expected we got the call letter for training and are supposed to join by next week. I went home and informed my family about this and they got shocked at my revelation, my Papa was so much proud of me. Later in the evening, during dinner time Papa said that before going for training they will go to Anu's home and will take the consent of her parents. My happiness was beyond the limit and called Anu to inform her about this. But what I heard from her made my world upside down. Her parents fixed her marriage without her consent and she can't go against her parents. I told her that I will come with my family and talk to her parents, but she said it was of no use as its already fixed and there is nothing we can do to change the decision.

I was more like in a state of coma for some time. I tried to talk to her in the coming days, but she blocked me in all ways and asked me to stop contacting her if I really love her, and that was my limit. I told Papa about this and after some long thoughts, he said: "if we are thinking from the daughter's point of view what she did is correct and you should stop bothering her, and still you think you can't accept it let's go to her home and talk. And if I'm in your shoes, after hearing her pleadings, I won't go after her." Then and there I made the decision that I won't disturb her anymore. And the next day itself I left Delhi city for Hyderabad for my training.

I didn't even bother to go home for the engagement and other marriage rituals of my brother Shivam, stating my busy training schedule. Due to his strong financial hold and army connections, Papa made me attend the marriage. And that was the day I completely shattered. The love of my life is sitting there beside my brother as his bride. And my Anu is now Mrs. Anupama Shivam. From what I know there was no compulsion from the family for the bride and she was extremely happy with the marriage. When Shivam introduced his bride to me, I saw her shocked face and I realized the betrayal.

11 months of Phase 1 training,  6 months of Practical training, and 1 month of Phase 2 training, and in these 17 months, I made myself a new Shaam, who was nowhere near to the old one. I never went back home after that day. Now I'm in Mumbai as part of the Special Task Force. Sam is also with me now, he is the only one who knows the entire things that happened in my life. Once in a while, Papa and Mom come to Mumbai to see me. It's been 3 years since I never went to my home. Due to constant pestring from my Mom, next week I will be going home, as Shubhangi and Mahesh will be coming from London.