Part 27

Sanjana's POV

He held me till I was fully awake, and later we had dinner and he left us in our hostel. As he told me, the next day evening I went to his office and went to my home together. I feel guilty for not coming home during the previous weeks and about the Doctors comments. We had dinner with my parents and after that, we sat a talked for some time. In between mom said I lost the glow of my face and seems to be tired. I got shocked by her sudden comment and told her to not tease me and deviated from the topic. The next day morning Mom called me and asked whether I'm fine or not, I got confused by her question. Then she asked me whether I want to say or discuss anything with her, to which I nodded no. Then I asked her, what do you want to hear from me? She didn't say anything and we left the topic there.

Later in the evening we visited Anju and spend some time there. When everyone was talking in the drawing room, Anju told me to help her in making tea, so I went with her. She asked about the office and hostel life. Then she asked whether I and Shaam went anywhere during the weekends as we were together to which I said we went to his friend's home, movie, to dinner, shopping, etc. Then she told me that Mom has doubts that whether I'm pregnant or not. I got shocked by her statement, she asked me whether we are planning for a baby to which I said no and went from there. I don't know why it made me recall my memories and went into silent mode. I spent the rest of the time with the kids and after reaching home directly went to bed and slept saying I have a headache. 

Monday morning we went back to Trivandrum and I got back to my work mode and hostel life. So 1 week went so fast, this week also I'm not going home as Shaam is returning back. Saturday I will be going to the airport with him, Friday morning I texted him about my decision and he said Okay. Saturday morning I went to the point where he told me that his friend Srikanth was there, I greeted him and asked Shaam whether he is also set to go. He smiled and nodded, and from there we went to the airport. The journey was silent till we reached the airport, Srikanth left telling us that he will park the car and come may be giving privacy to us. Shaam nodded and took his bags and we waited there for him. Shaam asked me whether I'm fine, I smiled and said yes. 

Shaam: Is there any plan to visit Delhi any time soon?

Me: As of now, no plans. If you have any plans, do let me know, and I will try to make it.

Shaam: Okay.

He smiled when I said that, by that time Srikanth also came. Shaam said bye to him and asked him to take care and keep in touch. Then asked me to check with him first if I have any issues here in Trivandrum and give him my contact details and his to me. I smiled at Srikantha and we exchanged our contacts. Then Shaan hugged and kissed me like he did the last time & told me to take care. I don't know why, I felt sad this time when he did this. I hugged him back to cover my tears and he patted my back. We stood for 1-2 minutes like that and broke the hug. He again said bye and went inside. Srikanth offered me the drive back, but I denied saying I will go back by bus. But he insisted again and said its Shaam's order I accepted his offer and went with him. He dropped me at my hostel and texted Shaam when I reached the hostel. He replied after 2 hours when he reached Mumbai. 

Another month passed without any calls or texts from Shaam. In between, I went to the native taking leave for one of the relative's marriages, but Shaam didn't come. But his Mom and dad came. Mom asked me to take a week's leave and stay with them, but my Mom also insisted that I have to go with them. I said will ask for leave and let them know and skipped the topic. I didn't ask for leave, so after a week my sister reminded me to ask for leave. So I went to ask for leave and my Lead give me permission for 1-week leave and 1-week work from home. So in total, they granted 2 weeks' permission to stay away from the office. I informed both families and his Dad booked tickets for the weekend. I told my hostel mates, I am going to Delhi to attend a family function and will be back only after 2 weeks.

Dad booked a ticket for Saturday morning and my friend's dropped me at the airport during the flight only I remembered that I didn't inform Shaam about my visit. But it was too late, after landing in Delhi as his Dad told the driver came to pick me up and I dropped Shaam a text saying about my visit to Delhi. I didn't get any reply for that. When I reached home, everyone was there and Mom asked me to take a rest after a small catching-up session. I went to Shaam's room and freshened up and slept for some time. Neelu came and called me for lunch, making me awake from my sleep. I went down and had lunch with everyone, I felt a bit awkward as its the first time I'm staying here without Shaam. Later in the evening Mom and Dad took me to some function, which seems to be something related to marriage. There they introduced me as Shaam's wife, the groom welcomed me with a smile and told me that he is Shaam's childhood friend. Then he complained about Shaam, as he skipped the functions and told me that he only will forgive him if he come to attend his marriage tomorrow. I don't whether he will come or not, but there is a chance that he will come. He introduced me to some of their common friends and took some photos with me and kept Shaam on a video call. In the call, Shaam promised his friend that he will come tomorrow and definitely will not miss his marriage. We had dinner there and retired home, Mom told me if I am having any issues sleeping alone she will ask Neelu to accompany me.

I am more than happy when she suggested this but I said no need, as it will be difficult to disturb Neelu. It is her rest time and how can I ask her to come and accompany me? Mom and Dad nodded and went to their room. I also went to Shaam's room and took a bath as it was a tiring day. I turned on the bed lamp and slept as I'm afraid of darkness. I slept soon when my body hit the bed. In the middle of the night when I felt movement on the bed I woke up with a jerk and realized that there is no light in the room. I was about to get up from the bed, but the sound made me freeze and stay back. "It's me Shaam, stay back and sleep Sanjana" I just nodded and lay back in bed.

Me:  When did you come? 

Shaam: 1 hour back.

Me: I was sleeping, so I didn't know.

Shaam: Now sleep Sanjana, I'm tired.

Saying this he put his hands on me and hugged me and slept within no time and taking my sleep away. I don't know when I slept, I woke up hearing the knock on the door and we are still in the same position. I removed his hand and went to open the door, Neelu told me to come down for breakfast as everyone is waiting. I said Okay and informed Shaam about the same and went to take bath. When I came out he told me to wait till he come so that we both can go together. I nodded and waited for him. I came within 15 minutes and we went together to the dining area. Every one got surprised when they saw Shaam with me. Shivam teased him saying that "Oh! now you know the way home" to which he replied "Bhai, not now. I'm hungry, first, let me have something" by saying this he started having food and everyone joined him. After breakfast, we all spend some time together catching up and called Shubhangi and included her in the talk. Later Shaam asked me whether I'm having dress to attend today's marriage and I replied yes, so he said he is going out and will be back by evening and will go to attend the function, I said Okay and slept as I have to catch up on yesterday's sleep.