Part 53

Shaam's POV

Mom informed me about Shubhangi's arrival and asked to take Sanju and the kids there for a week or so, considering her job I said we will come for 2 days on the weekend. Initially, she was sad when I said that we will be there only for 2 days, but she is fine at least she can stay with them for 2 days. I informed Sanju and her parents about my plans to take them to Delhi during the coming weekend. Her parents said it is fine and her Mom asked me to take care of her when we were alone. I agreed with her as I know her concerns for her daughter. We reached my home early morning on Saturday, throughout the travel Yedhu was enjoying and Madhav, as usual, gave us hard time after reaching home also Madhav behaved the same until he adjusted to the new change. When mom disclosed Shivam and Anupama's divorces Sanjana behaved neutrally without showing any emotions like she already knows this or she was expecting this. 

I didn't get enough time to talk with her as the house was occupied by everyone. Almost all our nearest relatives of ours came to see my kids and Shubhangi. After dinner, the gents sat in the open space and talked about random things later Shubhangi also joined us. Mom, Sanju, and the boys were missing, after some time Mom came and told me to go to my room and handle Madhav as Yedhu is crying and clingy to her and I left them and went to my room. Madhav was crawling on the ground trying to snatch everything he sees in the way and Yedhu was having his milk, so I took Madhav out and came back later sometime when I felt like Yedhu slept. By that time Madhav started to suck his fingers indicating he is hungry, as Sanju was taking her bath I made his formula milk and gave him the bottle. Madhav took a sip and that little brat spit it on my face and started laughing, I too burst to laugh when he did this and he continued this until Sanju came. She took him and played with him to make him tired so that he will sleep due to exhaustion. I was waiting for her to make him sleep and talk to her, but I don't know when I slept. I woke u hearing Yedhu's crying and took him from the crib and searched for Sanju, she was not in the room. So I went out in search of her and found her on the balcony with Shivam, both were talking and laughing and I was surprised as it was rare a seen them. I went to them and she took Yedhu from me.

Me: I didn't expect you here, why didn't you sleep?

Shivam: I was going to my room and saw the door open and came to lock it. But this place was already occupied by her and thought of giving Sanju company. So I stayed here and was catching up with her as it's been a long we had chat. And Sanju, as you said your Dudu is complaining about your absence right?

Sanju: Maybe. He might be scared as it is a new place for him and didn't find me around when he woke up.

Me: Oh! Is that correct Yedhu? Are you scared?

Saying this I took him from her and tickled him and made him laugh. once he was back to his normal mode I introduced him to Shivam. 

Me: Yedhu! look who is here. He is your Bade Papa, Shivam. Say Hi to him, say Hi my kiddo.

Shivam: Hello Dudu! How are you? Don't you want to sleep? See it's already late, you have to sleep.

He talked with him for some time and it made me really shocked as he addressed the baby as Dudu, coz this is what Sanju calls him not others. Maybe she told him while they were having the talk. After a while, Shivam took him from me and walked with him here and there, and soon he drifted to sleep. After that, we all retired to our room and Sanju slept soon once she settled on the bed. I took her in my arms and gently hugged and kissed her without disturbing her sleep. I wish she also reciprocates my feelings. It's going to be 2 years since we have been married, but we never had a normal day in our life as other couples had. We both failed to express our feelings to each other, now we have kids we have to give them a healthy family environment. I don't want another failed marriage in my family. I don't want to miss her and my boys, they are my everything. I held her tightly in my hands and kissed her whole face which slightly disturbed her sleeping. She slightly moved a bit and hugged me back then patted my back and said sleep baby, let's play tomorrow. Even in her sleep, she is occupied with the baby's thoughts when she will allow me in. It seems like I have to work hard for that. 

Later at night, she woke up when one of the babies cried and put him back to sleep, and returned to bed. She was half asleep, I made her lie on my hand and hugged her, she tried to get out of my hold which made my hold tighter. This is what always happens between us, till now we didn't share romantic moments which we both enjoyed. It will always be one-sided. When I felt like she is awake I thought of talking with her.

Me: Sanju, Would you like to talk with me for some time? Till now we never had peaceful talks between us like normal couples do.

Sanju: Shaam, I think it's late at night and we should sleep.

Me: I don't think you are feeling sleepy now. Are you trying to avoid me?

Sanju: No. Why should I avoid you?

Me: That's what I want to know Sanju, the reason for you avoiding me. Reason for you not opening up to me. 

Sanju: There is nothing like that Shaam.

Like always she tried to avoid the topic instead of sharing her thoughts with me. My chain of thoughts was broken by her.

Sanju: You will get everything you wish for and I will make sure that you will get what you deserve and you can enjoy your life without any regrets. I will do everything that I can so that you can live a happy life. Eventually, everything will happen and I assure you that it will happen soon.

Saying this she turned to the other side and I hugged her from back not understanding what she said. After a while, she slept and I stayed awake thinking of her words.