Part 34

Sanjana's POV

My parents will be coming to take me to our home as a part of the 7th-month ritual. For us, delivery and post-delivery care will be taken care of by the girl's family, so as decided earlier my parents will come for the ritual.  It's been months since I'm here, I really wish to go there and stay, thinking all this I strolled into the garden having my evening tea. My due date falls in May month to be precise 19th of May, this is what the doctor said. Our first wedding anniversary is on the same day as the ritual, so here Mom arranged a small function gathering family members. Shivam and Anupama suggested arranging it as a baby shower and Mom agreed to that.

Sometimes I enjoy walking here in the garden, it will imply the physical exercise that doctor suggested and I get some alone time for thinking. It doesn't mean that I won't get alone time when I'm inside the house. During all these months what I did is eating, watch drama, and sleeping. At night sleep will be far for me, so I will sleep till 11 in the morning, then have food, and by 2 again will sleep and by 5 again will have tea and will spend time with the neighbor's kids. Post 7 in the night only my babies become active, Morning I won't have any appetite so due to mom's compulsion will have a glass of milk and some dry fruits that too gulping like medicines. Normally I won't hate milk, I will have it whenever I like having milk, but nowadays I hate milk. Chocolate-flavored Complan is my favorite, will have it directly without mixing it in milk but now its smell itself is giving weird sensations after that will have juice followed by lunch and sleep. When the clock ticks 7, I start feeling hungry and till 2 in the night I feel like eating without breaks babies also will be active during these times. I feel like they are plowing inside my tummy to start farming.

All these thoughts were disturbed when I felt a small pain on the left side of my abdomen, I felt like it is because of my walking, so sat on the bench in the garden. But it gradually increased, so I went inside and settled on the sofa as it will be more comfortable and had some water. I called Neelu and with her help, I tried to lie there. It got better when I lie for some time, but it started to pain again, so when I saw mom coming I told her that I have slight pain she advised me to take rest for some time with her help I went inside and settled on the bed. But the pain become worse after some time and I couldn't control it and started crying. Neelu came to check on me and saw my situation and told mom, she immediately asked Dad to take me to the hospital. 

All this while I didn't see Shaam, they took me to the hospital and the doctor said that everything is fine and asked me to drink more water. As the pain is only on one side it may be due to a lower level of water content in the body and the babies are fine. They admitted me there and gave IV drips to balance the electrolytes. I was scared to hell all this while and felt slightly relieved when the doctor said the babies are fine. Shaam came there at night only, I didn't feel like asking him anything due to his absence in the evening. He send everyone back home and stayed with me, I didn't talk to him stayed in the bed with closed eyes, and slept due to the medication effects. 

I woke up later in the night again feeling pain on the same side, I saw Shaam resting in the patient bystander's bed and tried calling him. He awake after calling him 3 - 4 times and came to me. I told him that I am getting pain again and I can't tolerate the pain and started crying. He went to the nurse station and informed my situation and they came fast and checked the baby's heartbeats and movements. After checking with the doctor they again gave me some infusions and asked drink 2 - 3 glasses of water every half an hour. I did like they said till stay awake. The next day evening they send me back home asking me to drink more water and proper rest. Following days drinking water and staying in the washroom became a part of my routine. I tried avoiding Shaam these days, I don't know why I did that maybe I expected more and when I didn't get what I expected it made me sad. I realized the saying "Expectation always hurts" is true.