Part 6

Shaam's POV

After an hour or so, uncle and Papa came back, but Papa is more excited and happy than before. He said he saw one of his subordinates who used to be our neighbor years back and asked to get ready as we are invited there. Mom is also super excited to see them but we are not having any interest, we don't even remember them. Mom and Papa are saying some old childhood stories of ours and theirs. 

Their home is at a walkable distance from here, so we preferred to walk. After 5 minutes we saw a man in his late 40s standing in front of a home, with a welcoming smile. Papa and Mom rushed toward him and greeted him, and introduced us to Satheesh uncle and his wife Asha. They were asking about us and recollecting their old memories, Mom is so excited and keeps on talking without a break. It is giving a clear definition of how close were they. I got a call and went out for talking. I am in their garden area while talking, as I was ending the call, I felt someone's presence behind me.

Anupama was standing behind me, maybe she wanted to clear the things between us. I'm in no mood for discussion but still thought of listening to her because if I behave rudely or say something this will definitely cause a scene here. So I patiently waited for the move, as expected she started with a sorry and all. I kept mum and listened to her, what she finally said made me really angry. Is she thinking that still I have feelings for her? Still, I'm not in the mood to respond, but finally what I said made her shocked. I said, "Okay Bhabhi! As you wish" and left from there leaving a shocked Anupama there.

When I get back to the drawing-room, everyone was having some snacks and juice. I too joined them, Satheesh uncle is having 2 daughters, the elder one is married and the younger one is working somewhere. Mom and Papa were asking everything in detail about the recent happenings in their life. After 2 hours or so we bid bye and went back to Kumar uncle's home. After dinner, I went to my room for packing.

I come out when I heard a heated discussion in the sitting room, everyone other than Mahesh and Neerav is there. When I joined everyone gave me a shocked look, and I asked them to continue. Suddenly Papa said he is asking Satheesh uncle's daughter's hand for my marriage in a dramatic way. Mom and Shubhangi are okay with it as they know the girl and family. Shivam is having a blank expression and seems to be thinking of something. Anupama is fully concentrated on me and has a smile on her face. Is she that confident, that I won't agree to this or did she still consider me as that foolish Shaam, who completely believed her?

To their surprise and stood from my seat and asked my father to proceed with the alliance, if everyone is Okay with this. I gave Mom a sweet smile and went to my room. I know the decision I took is all of a sudden without thinking but still, I believe in God that he will only let things happen which are meant to happen. 

The next day early morning, everyone headed back to Delhi and as planned I went to Mumbai directly from Kerala. And now I'm back to my normal life.