Part 38

Shaam's POV

Dad returned back next day, Mom stayed till she got disenrolled and reached home. They were hospitalized for 5 days and my days went by staying at the hospital during day time and returning home at night. I helped her to walk for some time as the doctors instructed. Both moms and Sanju are having sleepless nights and days, during day time babies will sleep, and will give them a hard time during the night. Sanju really had a hard time, unable to get up once she lie down, unable to lie back if she is up, at least moms will move faster when they hear them cry. In addition to that n number of visitors will come daily to see the babies, so rest and sleep were not written on the destiny of ladies during those days.

Mom was planning to return on next day once they reached home, and I also announced my return along with mom. Sanju's change post-delivery surprised me because she never show her face or tried to talk to me. I also remained silent understanding her situation. On the day of return, I went to her room to bid bye to her and see my champs, she was feeding one of the babies while the other was sleeping. Sensing my presence, she suddenly covered herself hiding from me, I felt awkward about her action, so I asked her whether she want me to go out. She nodded negatively and continued her job, and I went to the place where another baby is sleeping. I gently placed a kiss on his forehead and lie beside him for some time patting his head, she sat facing opposite us. I asked her whether she decided on any name for the babies, and she nodded no and said me to select the names. After some time, she placed the other baby beside me and said, she is calling the elder one Dudu, and younger Piku and I can call anything I wish. I nodded and stood up from bed and went to her side and as usual kissed her forehead by saying "I will be going today. Take care of yourself and the babies. Please let me know if there is anything, at least try to text me daily whenever you get time. They are babies, and they may give you hard time call me if you cannot handle it alone, and I will come to take you with me and arrange the necessary things to take care of you and them. Don't think that you are alone in this, I am also equally involved and responsible. Sleep when they are sleeping, and have healthy food. I know you are strong, show the world that you are a strong mother. I will come around the time of the naming ceremony if there are no other urgencies." 

She only nodded when I gave this speech, when I was about to go she held my hand and hold me back. She struggled to stand up, so I helped her in standing, she hugged me lightly keeping her head on my chest and I patted her slowly and bid bye to her looking at the babies once again. Mom was ready by the time, I came out and we depart after saying bye. I went to our home with mom and stayed there for 2 days and did a light purchase and arranged some necessary items for the champs and returned back to Mumbai. I am eagerly waiting to pass the next 20 days so fast so that I can go there and see them again, they are "My life, my world". Now the greatest job is finding the name and I have only 20 days for that.

Sanjana's POV

Sleepless nights and tired days are the only things in my life now, and see these brats sleeping peacefully after giving me a hectic day. It's only been 1 week after their birth but I'm already exhausted. Once in 2days, I will send a pic of them to Shaam saying "Hi Dadda" other than this I have no energy left and no time for anything. My days are like this, Morning will have to wake up early and an elderly lady will come to do the post-delivery care for me. She will give me some type of ayurvedic medicine that is too sour and give me a full body oil massage post 1 hour followed by a bath with hot water, better to say boiling water which will literally burn my skin. By that time either Dudu will be up or Piku, which will wake the other one also by their screaming. Even after a week, I'm not comfortable with natural feeding, so along with that, we are giving them Formula milk also. 

After feeding them, that lady will give an oil massage to my munchkins followed by a bath and we 3 will sleep for 3 hours after that. That is the only rest I will be getting without a break and that too will be gone if any visitors are there. Anju will come once in while and her kids were so eager to see and play with the kids. But they always get disappointed because even after offering the toys these babies are not getting up from bed to play with them. Days passed fast and I didn't even know the date and day nowadays. Soon the naming ceremony day came and Shaam along with his whole family came and them as "Gautham Malhotra & Gaurav Malhotra" and asked my family to give them pet names. So my papa named them "Yedhu & Madhav". Everyone showered their blessings & gifts on them and Dudu & Piku gave me hard time. After a long 1 month, they allowed me to have some tasty food. In the name of post-delivery care, my family is giving me tasteless and plain food. So giving the kids to them I enjoyed the Kerala traditional feast along with 3 types of payasam. 

After food, I changed to normal attire only to realize that I am hell tired and heavy food made me more sleepy. When I was planning to take a small nap, my attention was dragged by the screaming of my little monster, Piku aka Madhav aka Gaurav. Shaam's mom came inside screaming Piku and handed him to me and asked to feed him. I was feeding him sitting opposite mom and she asked about our well-being and updated me about the recent happenings in the family etc and our endless talks started there. When I felt like Piku slept in my hand, I made him burp and gently placed him on the bed. This little monster is having a very bad habit that he will wake up immediately if no one is beside him. But my Dudu is a little calm kid, will sleep alone, and even will be happy with formula milk and is an understanding kid who adjusts with anyone who he is familiar with. But this little one is the exact opposite of my Dudu, always needs my attention, and will spit out when formula milk is given. A light sleeper, will wake up and scream loudly if there is a small disturbance and when I move out of bed. 

When I placed him in bed, he started sobbing and I informed mom about his nature, mom started laughing and said "Like father like son, attention seeker." Mom asked me to take a rest along with him and told me that she will send Dudu also, I nodded and settled beside Piku and gently patted him to sleep and slept unknowingly with him. I woke up hearing the whimpering sound of the baby and I gently patted him without opening my eyes. When it turned to wail I unbuttoned my dress to feed him, but shocking me I heard a male voice saying "You are going to feed the sleeping kid, not the one who is crying", making me open my eyes and cover myself. When I opened my eyes I saw, Shaam on the other side of the bed along with a crying Dudu. I got up from the bed immediately and took Dudu from him and pacified him. Like always my baby become once he came into my hands. I gently patted him to sleep and set him down in the cradle.

When I returned I saw Shaam, sleeping beside Piku with one hand on him. I went out not wanting to disturb them and confirmed with my mom that Dudu had his milk. The boys and their father woke only after 2 hours and I spend time with cousins and relatives. We picked up good picks and posted on social media and caught up after a long time.