Part 35

Sanjana's POV

I was back to normal after 2 days of rest, and my relatives started showing up. Home became full of people and loaded with snacks and fruits. My parents didn't even get the chance of buying my favorite things. Days progressed like this and like always Shaam and my conversation and text never happened. I know that he is keeping on check on me from the call history of my parent's phone. Here the doctor suggested coming for a check every 15 days as it is already the 7th month. Mom made my all favorites and I enjoyed the flow. I feel like I miss Shaam and his presence and that is the only thing I want. But he was not there when I wanted him. 

It's been 3 weeks since I'm here, I was in my deep sleep with a lot of dreams and I felt some movements near me. I wished it to be Shaam, but not sure and can't expect it to be him. So I didn't open my eyes and slept back. Later in the night, I woke up to change my side of sleeping and I saw Shaam sleeping next to me my contentment didn't have any limits. I traced his face with my fingers and kissed him on his forehead and muttered thanks and went to the washroom. I was so happy to be near him, during these days I missed his presence a lot. I was having strange feelings these days, to kiss him, hug him and be in his hands and I don't know what all I felt. I realized that during this 1 year of marriage, it is the first time I wished for his presence, and like every other woman, I too blamed my pregnancy hormones.

When I returned, he was sitting there leaning on the bedpost. Without asking anything he told me that he came 1 hour back and helped me in sitting on the bed. He then asked me about the well-being of the kids and my health condition. I answered his questions while he sat beside me, I don't know why I did and from where I got the courage, I just took his hands and leaned to him by keeping my head in his chest, then he made his hand encircled me lightly patted on my head. It felt good to be like this, I wished for this so I enjoyed it and out of the blue I said: " I missed your presence and wished to be in your hands like this". He kissed my forehead and continued his patting with one hand gently stroked on the baby bump with the other. I made my hold on him more tightly and hid my face in his chest.

He tried to release my hold on him asking me to sleep, I reluctantly loosened my hold and he helped me to lie back. Now he is directly looking into my eyes and my eyes are wandering everywhere on his face, he bends down and kissed my forehead, eyes, cheeks, and our babies. He lifted my head and kept his hand under my head as a pillow and I snuggled more to his chest and inhaled his smell. I don't from where I got the courage I dragged down his T-shirt and kept my face and hand on his bare chest. I felt his body vibrating, maybe he is laughing, but the least I cared, I remained in that position. Controlling his laugh I heard him saying "This is not how it works my wife" and pulled up his T-shirt and settled beside me. Then he slightly lifted my face and kissed me and that was a lip lock with passion.  This is the first time we both were exploring each other, and the first time I responded. He gave me breaks in between to breathe. When I felt like I can't do more, I stopped responding and let him do whatever he wants.

After a final kiss on the forehead, we came back to our hugging and snuggling posture. Now my bump is completely exposed as my t-shirt rolls up and his hand is on my bare tummy and me on his bare chest. We cuddled and slept in his hands. The next morning when I was awake, he was already up and was having his tea. He asked me whether I had a good sleep, I nodded, and helped me to get up and I freshened up with help of my mom. We had our food and watched TV and the 2 days went fast and he returned back. And during the next checkup, the doctor asked me to drink more water as the fluid level is lesser than the previous time. I feel like laughing when they say that because I will drink more water than the quantity doctor told me, but still, they say it's less and drink more.

When performed scanning at the start of the 9th month, as the fluid level reached the margin, they asked to come to the hospital for 5 days to get IV drips to increase the fluid level, and on the 5th day when they performed scanning only realize instead of increasing it decreased further. As the level decreased further they admitted me to the hospital and asked my parents to call my husband immediately. He is the one who has to sign the documents, so they won't start the procedure without his confirmation. It is only April, and there is more than 1 month before the due date and I'm not mentally prepared for this now. After admitting me, mom informed my family and Shaam's family, and they told us they will reach tomorrow. But without giving me a gap they took me to the labour ward for monitoring. I had to spend night entire night there and they send me back to the designated room early morning and asked me to come after taking bath and breakfast.