Part 45

Sanjana's POV

One fine Monday, I started my job at the firm with the new designation of a beginner in the field. As a kid who will struggle on the first day, I had a little bit of starting issues to tack up with the new environment. There we 2 new joiners on that day, including us there were 10 ladies in total. During lunchtime, we had a little catch-up with all the ladies. Most of them were elder than me by age and experience, but the funniest part is I was the only married. Normally I won't wear vermilion and my marital chain is something different from normal like a fashionable simple chain with black beads and a pendant at the end. Normally no one notices that and Malayali Hindus will have some indications symbolizing they are married, but seeing me will not give such indications. So when I said to them that I'm married it was a shocker for everyone other than the HR lady, as she knows it from my profile. So without giving chance for more assumptions, I said that I have 2 kids. They were eager to see their pics when I said they were identical boys. Some were curious about handling kids and leaving them at home coming to jobs etc. So with a lot of simple questions, we got introduced to everyone.

That firm was started by 7 friends after their graduation and now they have tremendous growth and invested in multiple projects compared to other startups. Here I had a senior Neethu, who will be giving training and proper guidance to the project and more over the KT sessions also included in this. The first week of the job was hectic as we didn't start staying here and I will be going back and coming daily. Once reached home, I will take shower and directly go to bed and early in the morning will wake up and leave. So hardly got time to do anything, once I reach home my munchkins will start their torture. So I was completely down during this week. On Sunday we shifted to a new rented home which is near my office and Shaam will have to travel 30 minutes to reach his office. But it was not an issue for him, as he have a driver to pick up and drop him off. My parents also came with us to stay to take care of the kids when we go to the office and until the boys get used to the nanny. It was decided either of the parents will always be at home along with the nanny. Saturdays and Sundays are holidays for me, so that day parents are free to do anything. This is the arrangement we made before shifting to the new home. 

We rented a 2-storeyed home in a traffic-less area which will give a natural touch so that kids will get see birds and greenery to be precise a baby-friendly area and home. I got my scooter for my traveling purpose. I will go to the office by 9.15 in the morning and will be back by 6.45 in the evening. Once I return from the office, the boys will be with me and never give a look at their grandparents. Even Dudu started showing tantrums, but once Shaam is back Dudu will go and stay with him, but Piku will watch everything but will be around me only. If someone takes Piku for a brief moment so that I can use the washroom or have food or something, he will cry and shout until I take him back. He needs me always near him when I'm around him, but if I'm not there means he will behave like a good kid and stays with Shaam or my parents. They started taking solid food like a banana puree or mashed potatoes once in a while. I got completely busy with the office and babies. I hardly get time to think of myself or anything. Shaam always remains neutral and gives me privacy in everything. At night also he will sleep in another room making me more comfortable. As our room is upstairs no one in the home knows our sleeping arrangements.

Finally, the most awaited day of the week came, its  Friday and the next 2 days will be a complete rest day. I planned to not even move out of the room. Friday after office, when I returned mom again confirmed whether it will be fine if they go and I assured her that it was fine and we won't be going anywhere and I can handle both of them. But still, she is completely not willing to go, to make everything easier for me she half-cooked everything for us and kept it in the fridge. So that we only have to reheat and have it. Later at night while having dinner she again confirmed with Shaam also, he also assured her that we will be okay and he is also on leave they can go without any worries. The next day early morning Shaam dropped them at the bus terminal and I stayed at home with the kids. I don't know when he returned, he came to our room when Piku was crying, as I was feeding Dudu I couldn't take Piku or pacify him. Shaam came inside and took Piku and tried to calm him down which made Piku angry and started crying with more intensity. I asked him to keep Piku down and take Dudu from me who is half asleep and he did I said, so I took Piku. Shaam went out with a crying Dudu, as he got disturbed in his sleep, and he is not full. I started feeding Piku hoping that Shaam can handle Dudu, but I think he is annoyed as he got disturbed in his sleep so he also went into non-stop crying mode. 

These guys never behave like this, every day they will be calm and give me a gap to handle both of them. They are intentionally making it hard realizing there is no one to handle them other than me and for its the most awaited day to sleep which these boys totally ruined at 5 AM in the morning. I called Shaam inside when Dudu didn't show any hope to stop his crying and told him that I will handle Dudu so that he can go and sleep. He was about to say something, but I stopped him saying I can do that and I'm doing it every day. He just nodded and went out after keeping the crying Dudu in bed. Once he went I sat properly on the bed in Indian style kept Dudu on the other side and started feeding him. I feel awkward when nursing kids in front of others, and that too feeding both of them together means I can't cover myself completely. So at night only I will nurse them together and this too will happen rarely as they have different sleeping timings. Once they both went back to sleep, I slowly kept Dudu in bed, and after that settled Piku beside him, stretched myself, and went out to have something as I was hell tired. 

I found Shaam in the kitchen and he told me he is boiling water to fill the flasks so that later we can make the formula milk for the kids. I just nodded and asked him whether he need tea, coffee, or something as I am going to make coffee for myself. He told coffee will be fine for him also, so I started preparing coffee for us. After having coffee he went upstairs saying that he will be with the boys. I cleaned the vessels and arranged the flasks and had some snacks so that I will be full and can sleep for a time. When I returned back, I saw Shaam sleeping in the bed with the kids and I also went to the opposite side and slept after some time expecting to get a continuous sleep for minimum 3 hours.