Part 61

Shaam's POV

A call from Shivam brought me back from my lost tracks of thoughts. But what he said made me stand from my seat. From Mom, I know that his plan is to Chennai with his friends, but I didn't expect him to call me and say to come on the video call, and due to his constant nagging, I switched to video mode, and what I saw is priceless. 2 Carbon copies of mine is sitting on the chair with lady facing back to me and having something, surroundings are indicating it to be a food court. He walked around and showed the lady who is with the boys, who am I Kidding, obviously it is their mother and my wife Sanjana. After having food they went shopping and all the time Shivam followed them without their knowledge. I disconnected the call and asked him to follow them to find their address. 

After informing Sam, I applied few days' leaves and packed things for my travel. Lucky me! got only the next day's ticket but it was an early morning flight and I can reach there before dawn, so I patiently waited for the day to pass. In between, I called Shivam and said not to inform anyone about this until I get to know the reasons and he agreed. He sends me some picks of them, my mini versions really enjoying their shopping and their mother is trying to give the best of her for them. Sanjana changed a lot, her hairstyle, dressing style everything is different. When I zoomed the pic, I got a clear view of the nuptial chain which I gave her and it gave me relief. Still, she is living as my wife and Shivam's findings about them also signify that they are alone and have a healthy relationship with a neighboring old couple who take care of our kids. 

Early morning I reached the place where Shivam shared and after taking a shower and making myself presentable we started to their place. I never faced this tension in my entire life, passing each minute felt like years to me. When we reached their residential area, security asked the reason when we told them that we are there to see Sanjana, he was surprised saying that its the first time she is getting a visitor other than food delivery. After informing the purpose of the visit, we headed towards their flat, the door of the house opposite was kept open, and when I looked at Shivam he nodded and pressed the doorbell of Sanjana. May be hearing the sound, an elderly lady coming out of the opposite house, looked at us confusedly and went inside. When Shivam pressed the doorbell again, we heard a little commotion inside like the dragging of the chair sound and the removal of the lock. Then the door got opened for us, and by that time that lady from the opposite house came out with a set of keys, maybe the one to Sanju's house. 

My attention came back when I heard the little one say "Madhu, see our Dadda is here." I got shocked when he said that, I was thinking of different scenarios until I came here like will my kids recognize me or not, will they acknowledge me as their father or not, but here the scenario is different from what I expected. Suddenly, the other one also came to the door and made it wide open. I stood there looking at them, my eyes began to tear up seeing them, I kneeled in front of them pulled them into a hug and the boys too hugged me back. Breaking the hug, Yedhu asked me "Dadda, did you get rid of all monsters?" I gave him a confused look, suddenly the lady told "Yes, Yedhu Kutta. He put everyone behind bars and came back." Then she turned to us and told us to get inside and I nodded at her, so she also know me. She asked the boys about Sanju and they told her that she is taking a bath and will be back soon. She asked us to sit, and when I looked around I found so many picks of me with kids, which were taken when we were together and our marriage photo was also there.

I sat there, and suddenly  Yedhu sat on my lap and started asking many questions like, how many monsters I caught and will they come out again? Do I have to go back again and fight with them, he bombarded me with questions. Madhav stood there looking at us, I gestured for him to come to me, and he walked reluctantly and came to me, and made him sit on my other leg. And here my chatterbox Yedhu started saying all sorts of stories, whatever he remembered. Then only I realized this is what I missed for the last 4 years, I was brought back to reality when I heard a sound. When I looked up, there I saw her standing like a statue looking at us. Seeing her Yedhu went to her and said that their Dadda is here and Madhav also followed him and went to her. I stood up and with all my rage moved to her, suddenly Shivam called me which made me stop in my tracks. He asked the kids to go with him and play but they didn't move, then the lady suggested that she will take them for breakfast and I asked Shivam to follow them.

Once the door was shut, with all my anger I slapped her and grabbed her hair, and shouted at her. I poured down all my anger on her which I suffered for the last 4 years without them. I didn't listen to her pleadings and crying, I was dumping all my anger out. I don't know what I said, I was in the middle of shouting, suddenly she slapped my hand and hugged me my hiding her face on my chest. I was taken aback by her sudden act, I was about to push her when I heard Madhav's sound asking her to come for food. So she is doing this purposely for hiding her face from him, somehow she managed to send him back, and once he left she pulled back. But I hugged her tightly and cried miserably saying my sufferings without them in my life. Once I felt like, I don't have more tears to shed I pulled back, she also moved from me and stood there without saying anything.

Breaking the silence, Yedhu and Madhav again came in, she went inside suddenly and came back after washing her face and being presentable. She asked them whether they had, food and how was it. Then she asked me to sit and went to the kitchen and came back with some coffee, I took it from her and sat there. Yedhu and Madhav also joined me in the living room. They started playing there and she is nowhere to see. After some time Shivam came inside with that lady, she introduced herself as Saroja and I greeted her. After that, she went inside the kitchen where Sanjana is, maybe hiding from me. After some time Saroja aunt came out and asked me to have breakfast, when I went Yedhu & Madhav also joined me, we sat there, and there she only served us food, Sanju never came out. Surprising me Madhav took his plate and went inside, I heard them talking but was not clear on what they are talking after some time he came out empty-handed. Shivam also joined us at the table, talking to the boys after having food I went to the living room not knowing what to do further.

Shivam left saying, he will come later with my things, so now it's me, Sanju, and our kids. She never came out of the kitchen, and I also didn't take initiative to talk to her, nearly around 11 she came out with some fruits and juice for the kids, and she sat beside them. I broke the silence, "Pack your things, we are going tomorrow." But the one who responded is Madhav, "we are going next Saturday, not tomorrow Dadda. We have school tomorrow and on Saturday we will go to Mom's home and see everyone." I gave a confused look to him, then Yedhu continued "Do you know Dadda, we have 2 more brothers there, and our grandma and grandpa will be eager to see us. We haven't seen them recently and they also didn't come to see us. So we are going to see them and celebrate our Birthday with them. So we see everyone and we will be happy. We have to take so many pictures so that we can post them here." I looked at Sanju, she is looking down and I was about to ask for an explanation, but Madhav cut off me by asking "Dadda, why mom is sad after you came?" He shut my mouth with his single question, she snapped her head hearing his question.